• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

House Bill Extends Pilot Retirement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gotta love the title of the bill, "Fair Treatment for Experienced Pilots" They should call it, "Screw the Junior Guys" or "F... the Furloughed Pilots Awaiting Recall"

Out of curiosity, how many pilots are still on furlough?

I have heard from a handful of US Airways senior captains who said they do not want to fly past 60. It gave me the impression that there are are fair number of soon-to-retire pilots who just want out of the industry at 60 regardless of an age change.

Out of curiosity, how many pilots are still on furlough?

I have heard from a handful of US Airways senior captains who said they do not want to fly past 60. It gave me the impression that there are are fair number of soon-to-retire pilots who just want out of the industry at 60 regardless of an age change.

There are probably a couple thousand at AA alone.

It won't affect me. I already fly like I'm 65... ;) TC

so where does the bill go from here? can this happen this year or will it be pushed to next year? I guess I'm having trouble navigating the red tape..

I neglected to post this part of ALPA's article:

Why bother making a comment? Prater will once again ignore the wishes of the membership.

I'm not feeling to ALPA friendly these days. I'm sure there will be a lecture after this comment from REZ and his lapdog PCL.

Hey, that's funny again, and it's true.

Remember the movie animal house? I can picture those two as the character of the ROTC guy in the end of the movie telling people to "remain calm, remain calm" as the stampede of the townspeople flattens him to the pavement.

The stampede in this situation is going to be the membership fleeing to decertify while REZ and PCL are standing there saying: "It's your fault, you are not involved"

All I remember my dear, is the EAT ME mobile!! The rest is just a fog. Absolutely, as he pulls out the 1 live round, and looks for Belushi.

Why bother making a comment? Prater will once again ignore the wishes of the membership.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" (Benjamin Franklin).[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." (Thomas Jefferson)[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." (John Adams)[/FONT]

All of our founding fathers knew that Democracy (i.e., majority rule) was a very bad thing, but this is something our generation has forgoten. Just a reminder to everyone that America is a Republic and NOT a democracy. The majority do not rule. We elect leaders to make the decisions for us and our elected leader for ALPA was John Pratter. He has no obligation to do what the membership desires. We don't need another leader (e.g, Hillary Clinton) that only makes decisions based on the Polls.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back