Hot off the press: SWA to hire 450

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
now thats ironic sentance

Give it up simple man. You got turned down during the interview and you are just bitter. It now looks like you want to pursue Southwest but you with your personality you will not get too far. Good luck you will need it.
Poppi:
Tanker doosh is one of the air forces' finest people!
He takes pride in serving coffee to the colonel, and making sure all copies are faxed properly in a timely fashion. He even has a really cool website. Check it out!

Anybody wanna make a guess how many airplanes will get the stick shaker when they set Vtarget at FL340 with the auto-throttles on? Or how many tugs we gonna damage when we hit TOGA right after engine start? These are some habits that need to stopped NOW.

1. probably zero. how hard is that habit to change? and if you forget, the first thing that happens is the throttles mysteriously pull to idle, the pilot asks himself, hmm, why did that happen, oh, and resets the MCP speed.

2. definitely zero. you have to have armed the AT prior to hitting TOGA and since the 'arm the AT' step will presumably be on the taking the runway flow or the before takeoff checklist, hitting toga after starting motors won't do jack.

there will be hickups, but it isn't rocket science, it is implementing 1980's technology at a 1970's airline.

I'm more worried about the super-duper RNP (RNAV squared, Alaska moutian type approaches) since we're skipping the normal, vanilla GPS/VNAV/LNAV type approaches entirely to go to this next gen type approach. I'm thinking that some experience flying LNAV/VNAV down to 400 feet might be good before jumping into the curved final approach courses with 200 foot DHs.

Hey Tanker Clown, this is a fact> Their be stoopid peepel in this worlddd. Sometimes it is just hard to admit that you're one of them. Please look in the mirror and consider this as advice, friendly advice.

Bake

I talked to the pilot recruiter this morning and she said that there is 3 confirmed classes, 2 in may and 1 in june. after that, it is all speculation

Anybody wanna make a guess how many airplanes will get the stick shaker when they set Vtarget at FL340 with the auto-throttles on? Or how many tugs we gonna damage when we hit TOGA right after engine start? These are some habits that need to stopped NOW.
No Stick shaker at altitude with auto throttles on...They do not care what you set because they have alpha floor protection....wont let the jet go slower than that.....And the auto throttles are turned on when you are cleared for takeoff....Do the questions get harder......

I guess when we all get furloughed we can apply at SWA.

A buddy of mine just told me the training center has been advised they will hire 450 pilots this year with the possibility of much more depending on industry events.

200 for growth

150 for training requirements (Auto throttle VNAV training will pull crews off line)

100 for a grievance won by SWAPA over manning and JA's

Interviews to start up again in July/Aug.

Hey Bill,

Any updates on the news flash?

Thanks
Good Luck Everyone...:beer:

This hiring is sadly in preparations for a build up in Denver. Frontier is in big trouble and the vultures are circling.

Could be DEN...it could also be those other markets that were in the past off limits for WN. (MSP[DAL/NWA merger & Sun Country cutbacks{available gates in the Humphrey Terminal}], MEM/CVG [DAL/NWA merger decreased capacity], LGA/JFK/EWR [reduced capacity from ABC+XYZ merger].

This may be where the rumor of "How many can you train [in a given period of time]" rumor is coming from.

Loved my Boeing, but to be sure "managed" (vnav/lnav) approaches on the "bus" I fly now are most certainly much easier to perform...a non-event really..enjoy!!

I talked to the pilot recruiter this morning and she said that there is 3 confirmed classes, 2 in may and 1 in june. after that, it is all speculation

OH YEA. WELL I KNOW A FRIEND OF THE GUY WHO MOPS THE FLOOR AT THE TRAINING CENTER AND HE SAID HE HEARD IT WAS TRUE. SO THERE!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back