Hot off the press: SWA to hire 450

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bill Nelson

I guess when we all get furloughed we can apply at SWA.

A buddy of mine just told me the training center has been advised they will hire 450 pilots this year with the possibility of much more depending on industry events.

200 for growth

150 for training requirements (Auto throttle VNAV training will pull crews off line)

100 for a grievance won by SWAPA over manning and JA's

Interviews to start up again in July/Aug.

(sound of Higher Power staff, various interview coaches, and dozens of poolees all collectively squealling like school-girls...)

Hope you are right Willy, hope you are right....

I guess when we all get furloughed we can apply at SWA.

A buddy of mine just told me the training center has been advised they will hire 450 pilots this year with the possibility of much more depending on industry events.

200 for growth

150 for training requirements (Auto throttle VNAV training will pull crews off line)

100 for a grievance won by SWAPA over manning and JA's

Interviews to start up again in July/Aug.

They did say in training a couple weeks ago we'd have three different training events outside our normal stuff starting in Aug. Hope your correct!!!

This is great news for SWA hopefuls, I hope they will have preferential interviews for ATA to help them out.

I believe the three are auto-throttles, VNAV, and RNP.

Not so fast. VNAV, RNP, and Autothrottles can all be taught at one time since they are all part of the VNAV solution. As for autothrottles alone, they could be taught with a handout imo. RNP can be taught with 30' CD, assuming your not leaving the confines of the continental US. Hardly a reason to hire 150 pilots. I'm not current on the B737NG, although I do teach RNAV/VNAV procedures in Boeing aircraft, so tell me where I'm going wrong here?

Not so fast. VNAV, RNP, and Autothrottles can all be taught at one time since they are all part of the VNAV solution. As for autothrottles alone, they could be taught with a handout imo. RNP can be taught with 30' CD, assuming your not leaving the confines of the continental US. Hardly a reason to hire 150 pilots. I'm not current on the B737NG, although I do teach RNAV/VNAV procedures in Boeing aircraft, so tell me where I'm going wrong here?

So, your saying that you don't work at SWA, don't have a clue how they plan on training, and have zero idea of how many pilots they hire for training events? Not so fast Spooky...it appears you're opinion is exactly that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back