Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

QueensPilot

Hello Folks:
Currently I am ready to begin CFI training. Issue is, there are not many instructor's or schools that seem to specialize in this rating. Since I am concerned about the responsibility of teaching people how to fly, I wanted to become a good instructor and therefore wanted to seek out an experienced instructor/school who could do a good job teaching me how to teach people how to fly. After putting in 'CFI training' in Google, Hortman Aviation(Philadelphia) came up and seems to be decent. Of course, it is really the instructor that matters. Any comments about this school would be helpful if anyone has anything to offer. If anyone has anything to offer 'outside the box' that would be great as well. I live in NYC and am looking to pack it up for a few weeks and get this done. Thanks!

Have you taken your writtens yet? If not get them done and then pm me and maybe I can help. I live in central Jersey

QueensPilot said:
Thanks East Coast:
Seems like a neat place, but they don't say much about CFI training. Do they have housing?

The owner of the company is the only one there who does the CFI training, and for housing not sure there are a bunch of college guys that fly there and not sure what their living arangements are so who knows??

Stay away from Hortman Aviation. Hortman will drag out the process to get you to spend as much money as you will let them. Your best bet is ALLATPS. They will get you done right the first time, plus you will get Multi time. If you do there whole program, you walk away with your CFI, CFII, MEI. I did there program back in April 04 in ATL and would highly recommend them. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Hey

Hey Dodge:
Thanks for the reply. Only thing I am concerned about is that the school you mentioned is good for airline training. I'm not sure I would be qualified to teach in GA airplanes. The program seems a little quick, I wonder if quality is sacrificed?

Louie

Quality is not sacificed at all. If you do the training at ATP you will be fine. I didn't instruct for them at all. I went to a local FBO and instructed, I didn't have any problems adapting at all.

All Atps

Dodge,

I'm interestred in going to ALLATPs for my ratings - i'm a PPL right now...I do wish to CFI for them to build time and have heard they like to hire their former students. Could you please veryfy this if possible? Will they send you where needed -i'm flexible and willing to relocate to CFI.. Also how was the groundschools and pairings for the 90 day programs?

Feel free to PM if you wish...

V/r,
LA

Latest resources

Back