horizon pilots jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jet pipe ovht

So why do you guys let mx ride in the jumpseat on a mustride? If the company needs to move mx it should be in a seat in the back. The jumpseat is for pilots. You guys need to man up and get that fixed. Quit letting the company take advantage of the jumpseat.

I'm sure they will get right on that, especially since they have nothing else to worry about over there...

Maybe because there were no seats in the back? Maybe for CG reasons the guy had to sit up front? Maybe because there was no-one else there to ride in the Jumpseat? WHO THE HELL CARES.

And no, the jumpseat is not only for pilots. Other people use it too.

Ask the MX Reps. They're the ones that negotiate on MX behalf.

Besides, the seats in the back are for revenue. I'd rather an employee sit in the jump so that the company can recognize the revenue that was given to them. That is, afterall, the goal of our business.

Ask the MX Reps. They're the ones that negotiate on MX behalf.

Besides, the seats in the back are for revenue. I'd rather an employee sit in the jump so that the company can recognize the revenue that was given to them. That is, afterall, the goal of our business.

Busch,
You are a great company man! May you never have to commute!
Do you accept assignment to the jumpseat on deadheads for pilots as well? Why not? Just asking.....

I don't commute, so I won't even pretend to know what that's like - nor will I debate it on an online forum.

Actually, I do offer to sit in the jump on deadhead flights. Not because I want more revenue on the plane, but simply because I do a lot of volunteer work for our pilot union, and I want to talk to the folks I represent (especially these days, when our TA is up for vote, and there is a lot of questions and anxiety on the line). That's whats important to me, and that's why I offer to sit up there. I can do more good for our pilots by actually sitting with them and hearing their concerns, rather than sitting in the back and reading US Weekly.

I won't pretend that I know or understand the needs of offline commuters. That's why we have a jumpseat committee. Nor will I profess that we're perfect, and have all the answers. I do know that there is a venue to address these concerns, and publicly on this forum probably isn't it.

And no, I'm not a company man, but I do believe that at the end of the day, the company is here to generate revenue. Failure to do that, and it won't matter what our jumpseat policy is, because it'll be parked in the desert.

It is fine for a "must ride" dead head to sit in the jumpseat to allow more revenue on the company flight. HOWEVER, they should NOT deny any poor pilot trying to jumpseat access to that seat. The jumpseat is there for the FAA and Pilots. If neither of those two want it then let it go to the other groups with PIC approval.

If I were jumpseating offline and some mechanic was denying me the seat I'd be pissed and take it to my jumpseat committee.

Latest resources

Back