Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

igneousy2

Hi all,

I would like information on your lines. Typical day offs, pay credit, and per diem. It would be even better if you could just e-mail me a recent bid package I am especially interested in the Dash 8-400, however, Dash 8 200/300 info would be beneficial also.

I would also like information about the FO bidding system. I understand that you get paid what you can hold. How is it working (pilot's perspective). Pro's/Cons?

Thanks

E-mail me a bid packet at [email protected] if you could.

I would also be interested in knowing how many overnights away from home you have.

I know from reading here that the Q400 guys have a lot of nights away on the road, how about the 200 guys?

You are in the wrong profession if you are worried about how many nights you have on the road.

No, it's just that if I were to decide to suffer the low pay and long upgrade time at Horizon, the least I would want is to have a reasonable number of nights at home.

Everything is a tradeoff.

RP170 said:
You are in the wrong profession if you are worried about how many nights you have on the road.

Once again...

I would like information on your lines. Typical day offs, pay credit, and per diem. It would be even better if you could just e-mail me a recent bid package I am especially interested in the Dash 8-400, however, Dash 8 200/300 info would be beneficial also.

I would also like information about the FO bidding system. I understand that you get paid what you can hold. How is it working (pilot's perspective). Pro's/Cons?

This is for an upcoming negotiation...I have your contract but I am more interested in how these numbers work out in real life.

Thanks

some_dude said:
No, it's just that if I were to decide to suffer the low pay and long upgrade time at Horizon, the least I would want is to have a reasonable number of nights at home.

Everything is a tradeoff.

Have you looked into Chautauqua? Guys are getting 16-18 days off per month right out of training with little or no reserve. Pay isn't the best but quick upgrades (about 12-18 months) and good schedules. If you have 1500 hours you will be hired into the E-170. It's a pretty sweet airplane. Auto-throttles and all.

some_dude said:
Low pay you say? You should have a chat with our management...they seem to think we're paid way too much.

A brief answer to igneousy's question...

Line holders are guaranteed 13 days off per 35-day bid, and lines typically have between 13 and 16 days off. Min guarantee is 92 hours, and per diem is $1.70. Reserve gives you 12 days off, and utilization varies. I've had bids where I worked all but 2 days, and ones when I worked only 4 days. As an FO, you'll get hired into whatever equipment they need you in, and you're paid based on what you can hold. Our contract screws over FOs because if you move to another airplane, you're locked into the lowest pay scale for 2 years. QOL is what you make of it...if you don't commute, you can live pretty well. The company itself is alright...there are plenty of people who love it, and plenty who hate it. You just need to know that things don't move very quickly, so you'll probably be sitting in the right seat for 5 years.

Min guarantee 92 hrs? Thats pretty good. I don't now of any regional treated that well.

Latest resources

Back