Horizon Interview Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not anymore.

There is now a set of technical questions. Given by one of the 200 Capt's. Look around at the gouge sites.

I know this is a bit off the subject, but I was wondering if any Horizon folks out there would tell my what first year pay is or just let me know if airlinepilotcentral.com is accurate. Thanks in advance.

DoubleDown said:
28.52 per hour the first year and 32.04 the second. Roughly $24,000 per year with per diem.

Thanks for the info! Do you know how accurate airlinepilotcentral.com is?

Does any one know if they going to have any more interviews/classes this year after Oct 11? Those salary numbers don't match airline pilot pay. However, I'm sure you are more accurate if you work there.

Thanks for the info! Do you know how accurate airlinepilotcentral.com is?
Those salary numbers don't match airline pilot pay.
Our annual contract date just chaned last week, so the numbers on airline central are off.

Does any one know if they going to have any more interviews/classes this year after Oct 11?
Probably. Nothing published yet, but that doesn't mean anything. Classes are usually published to us right before they start, meaning that people who interview usually know more than we do. On top of that, winter time is when we gear up and do all of our training in anticipation for the following summer.

Once your out of training everyone is paid min. of 898hrs a year. So multiple that to your hourly rate to get your annual pay. I was just on airlinepilotcentral.com and looked pretty much right on to me. The rjfo pay had couple little mistakes. First year pay is roughly 25.6k plus per diem.

Last edited:
I wanted to clarify my previous post. Everyone is paid at least 898hrs a year but if you can hold a line your min. guarantee is 957hrs a year.

Thanks for all the info guys, it helps out a bunch. I just have one more question...is commuting (even while on reserve) a bad idea. It would be from Vegas, so there are a bunch of non-stops to all of the bases. It appears commuting sounds easier than it really is. I'm new to this airline stuff, so any suggestions would be great.

Latest resources

Back