• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hope and Change ASA ALPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HSAs are a smart way to lower health costs. Small costs should be paid for out of pocket, and insurance should be reserved for the "big ticket" items. I have about $10,000 in my HSA that cost me about $6000 of my own money.

We could lower health costs by transitioning more to these type of plans....

HSAs are great, but they do nothing to lower health care costs. Any time you spend 10, which cost you 6, you will over spend, just as if it were an insurance plan. Lower healthcare cost will only be achieved by plain old free market forces and the complete and utter end of all government subsidy.

As long as healthcare is a wealth redistribution mechanism under the guise of compassion...those with will continue to be robbed by those without, at the point of the many forms a spear may take.

Last edited:
HSAs are a smart way to lower health costs. Small costs should be paid for out of pocket, and insurance should be reserved for the "big ticket" items. I have about $10,000 in my HSA that cost me about $6000 of my own money.

We could lower health costs by transitioning more to these type of plans....
Check your company e-mail, CDHP
PBR

HSAs are great, but they do nothing to lower health care costs. Any time you spend 10, which cost you 6, you will over spend, just as if it were an insurance plan. Lower healthcare cost will only be achieved by plain old free market forces and the complete and utter end of all government subsidy.

As long as healthcare is a wealth redistribution mechanism under the guise of compassion...those with will continue to be robbed by those without, at the point of the many forms a spear may take.

Frequently, you can get a discount if you pay cash for doctor visits. Part of the cost is the paperwork and administration of having a third party to go through.

In addition, if you pay cash, you only buy what you need....If you use OPM (other peoples money), you order everything you can.

Frequently, you can get a discount if you pay cash for doctor visits. Part of the cost is the paperwork and administration of having a third party to go through.

In addition, if you pay cash, you only buy what you need....If you use OPM (other peoples money), you order everything you can.

Joe, do you have any children that you're responsible for? I've had good health insurance my whole life and never "ordered everything you can"!!!

Latest resources

Back