Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not really related but...

Sky West Crj,

I am not much for the parenting thingy, but your baby is the cutest kid I have ever seen. Thanks for posting..makes me smile just looking at the lil devil.

P.S. Please no offense to other long winded posters who may or may not have children as their avitar. :p

I thought it was so they could have maximum cabin space.

Is that why? I imagine that is a big reason. I wonder also if the weight of the engine pylons on the wings would be less than on the fuselage. Whatever Honda's reasons, they are thinking "outside the box". Something the aviation industry needs right now.

Denizen, Thanks, she's my little girl. I love her to death and she is a little devil sometimes too.

Engie Pylons

Perhaps a reduction in cabin noise?

SkyWestCRJPilot said:
I wonder if the wing mounted engines vs. the fuselage mounted engines are to help increase the airplanes max zero fuel weight. It would transfer much of the weight of the airplane to the wings instead of so much in the fuselage, the limiting factor for the max zero fuel weight.

Actually the Honda website says that it improves highspeed aerodynamics. They didn't elaborate (or if there was a deeper explanation I didn't see it)
so I'm not sure exactly what they meant.

SkyWestCRJPilot said:
I wonder if the wing mounted engines vs. the fuselage mounted engines are to help increase the airplanes max zero fuel weight. It would transfer much of the weight of the airplane to the wings instead of so much in the fuselage, the limiting factor for the max zero fuel weight.

The engines are optimally positioned on the upper surface of the main wing in a unique configuration that reduces drag at high speeds and increases cruising efficiency. This layout also eliminates the need for structural engine mounts in the fuselage, creating over 30% more cabin space than in a conventional aircraft.

Not related either but...

if Denizen can do it, so can I. TZRav8r, your babe is the cutiest thing. Is she single?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back