Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mossberg model 500 20 gauge. Live it, learn it, love it

mossberg model 500 20 gauge. Live it, learn it, love it

i recommend a mossberg also. 12 gauge though... get the special use one with the heat rail on the barrel. Holds 9 2 3/4inch OO buckshot shells and 1 in the chamber. and 6 3inch OObuck magnum loads... it would definitely make quick work of the intruder. just make sure you hit him cuz those lead balls will rip right through dry-wall.

oh yea...get the mothion sensing lights also..those work very well

i recommend a mossberg also. 12 gauge though... get the special use one with the heat rail on the barrel. Holds 9 2 3/4inch OO buckshot shells and 1 in the chamber. and 6 3inch OObuck magnum loads... it would definitely make quick work of the intruder. just make sure you hit him cuz those lead balls will rip right through dry-wall.

oh yea...get the mothion sensing lights also..those work very well

Load #9 Birdshot. At close range it will have similar effect to OO, but is less likely to penetrate drywall, and less likely to have stray shot going too far.

bump...anybody else?? SW Atlanta referral?? thanks all.
I dont know about Atlanta, but Dallas, if you have one of those security systems, the cops WILL NOT show up because they say it burdens the police department. That argument was actually made and the city council approved it. Get a gun and a dog and make it easier on everyone. I do recommend a shotgun. No aiming in the dark. Just orient in the direction of the noise and send that fukcer to his maker!

I recently had a car vandalized while on a trip. My wife & young daughter were in bed for the night. My wife and I are considering our options & I'm wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for installers/monitoring companies southwest of Atlanta.

Since we're all away so often, I thought someone might have had a similar experience - or could relate how they helped a spouse feel more secure while they were out of town.

I have an OLD monitoring panel that was malfuntioning when we moved in & is not currently monitored. I either need to repair it or more likely get a new system. I'm also really interested in some quality outside/night vision cameras to set up for her to look at if something goes bump in the night outside & she gets scared. (then load the shotgun or call the cops...) thanks all.

Move out of ATL. The place is crap. My guess is the airline you for sucks too.

If you do choose a firearm to protect your family, MAKE SURE YOU GET PROPER TRAINING. Your wife especially. God forbid, if something ever did happen, having a firearm and not knowing how to properly use it could make the situation a lot worse.

My means of protecting the home:
1) ADT - got the full works
2) An American Bulldog
3) A wife who is also a former Marine!

Proper firearms training is good but the real question is whether your wife would actually use deadly force. Having a loaded gun does no good if the perp gets ahold of it. Without the mindset, it's worthless.

+1 for security lighting and a good dog.

Proper firearms training is good but the real question is whether your wife would actually use deadly force. Having a loaded gun does no good if the perp gets ahold of it. Without the mindset, it's worthless.

+1 for security lighting and a good dog.

Deadly force is not always necessary. Just tell your wife to put two in the ceiling when someone comes up the stairs and I doubt the intruder will continue. If he does, she's already exercised her trigger finger and will be practiced up on utilizing the remaining 10 rounds.

Either way, if an intruder makes it to your wife it most likely will not matter whether he is armed with common household goods, whatever he brought, or the firearm that your wife hands him.

If on his way to your wife's room he picked up your brand new Wustof Santoku knife from the kitchen about the only thing that will stop him will be the firearm. Certainly not the security lighting or dog.

In my opinion having 5 lines of defense is key. Although the last line of defense is much more important than the first.

If on his way to your wife's room he picked up your brand new Wustof Santoku knife from the kitchen about the only thing that will stop him will be the firearm. Certainly not the security lighting or dog.
You'd be amazed how fiercely some dogs will defend their family. I'm not a huge pitbull fan, but heres an example.

Load #9 Birdshot. At close range it will have similar effect to OO, but is less likely to penetrate drywall, and less likely to have stray shot going too far.

Bingo! When non-gun owners ask me the best pistol to get for home defense the answer is always a Mossberg or Winchester Defender shotgun with extended magazine and pistol grip. Loaded with light bird shot it keeps damage low to occupants not in the line of fire. You can make your way through door frames and have two hands secure on the weapon in a hip shooting posture. The visual/aural deterent factor is also much higher with a shotgun over a 9mm. A little shotgun and a little training go a long way!

Latest resources

Back