• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Holy line of Thunderstorms batman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its nights like this I'm glad I'm not flying cargo.

Mad props to all you homies flying cargo.

Or whatever the cool kids say these days.

Whats wrong with flying cargo on these kinds of nights? We just climbed up to 430 last night and went right over them, nice and smooth, and one heck of a good light show as the clouds lit up from below. It was also nice, because we were the only ones around...since everyone else is scared of them:rolleyes: .

Now maybe if i was still in the props then it would be a different story, but they still wouldn't have been that bad, you find a hole and go through it. Maybe a little bumpy, but nothing too bad.

Great story though, coming into DAL this morning, we were preceeded by a corp jet that reported "Severe" turbulence coming down through the descent...do any of you know what "severe" turbulence really is?!?!? We had to correct him and let him know it was only continuous light to occassional moderate, nowhere near severe. Oh well, i guess there are those out there who think even the smallest bump is "severe"...wimps.....:laugh:

I guess not many have experienced severe turbulance. Scary stuff and a challenge just to keep somewhat wings level. I encountered some and had been driven up about 1000 feet when the controller asked if I was okay. The other guy had to answer because I was too busy just flying the airplane. Hope i never have to deal with that again.

starchkr said:
Whats wrong with flying cargo on these kinds of nights? We just climbed up to 430 last night and went right over them, nice and smooth, and one heck of a good light show as the clouds lit up from below. It was also nice, because we were the only ones around...since everyone else is scared of them:rolleyes: .

Now maybe if i was still in the props then it would be a different story, but they still wouldn't have been that bad, you find a hole and go through it. Maybe a little bumpy, but nothing too bad.

Great story though, coming into DAL this morning, we were preceeded by a corp jet that reported "Severe" turbulence coming down through the descent...do any of you know what "severe" turbulence really is?!?!? We had to correct him and let him know it was only continuous light to occassional moderate, nowhere near severe. Oh well, i guess there are those out there who think even the smallest bump is "severe"...wimps.....:laugh:

Chill Out HardGuy!!! Not everyone is as 'sweet' as you are.:rolleyes:

Just flew over that beast a few hours ago.

Just barely got over it at FL430. Ride wasn't great but wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Thank God I was in a Falcon 50EX and not a MD-80

No kidding. Sounds like Mr. Airnet is a little bit too professional to alter his route or delay because of weather is he were in a pathetic prop huh? How by the way do you know the severe turbulence wasn't actually encountered? I have gone through much different conditions than reported. Many of those by major airlines, I guess they don't know what they are doing either? Sheesh!!

"Mr. Airnet", as you call him, probably has seen more crap weather in 1 year than you have seen in your career. I think he deserves a little respect. Lay off, Francis.

Met an airnet bragger once. he was spouting off how he wouldn't fly through a level 6 but anything else was fair game. He had an ego the size of Montana. A few weeks later he told me that he scared the sh!t out of himself going into Midway. He popped out of a cell and was staring at a funnel cloud. They don't hire experienced guys at airnet cause the experienced guys know better. Young punks will fly through anything. That being said I've met a lot of really good safe and proficient pilots who flew for airnet. They do have a culture that breeds weather bravado though.

Latest resources

Back