• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Holy line of Thunderstorms batman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is no better way to get that initial experience than by flying freight or charter, single-pilot, in clapped out Navajos, twin-Cessnas, or heaven forbid, twin-Beeches.

As long as we're playing the reverse cool game, how about in cessna singles slash uniform? I'm available as of tomorrow. Look forward to hearing from you.

Boris Badenov said:
...how about in cessna singles slash uniform? I'm available as of tomorrow. Look forward to hearing from you.
Tell you what, get back with me when you're competitive and we'll talk. Right now, if I were in the market for another pilot he'd need to have an ATP, a minimimum of 3,000 to 4,000 hours TT, 1000 multi and 500 turbine. I'd also like to see several hundred hours of dual given and some sort of 4-year degree. (It also wouldn't hurt if he had a type and a few hundred hours in type.) If I were to put out the call tomorrow, I guarantee that I would have several hundred resumes on my desk within 72 hours - a very large percentage of them from guys having those qualifications and more.

The problem isn't finding a pilot - qualified, experienced pilots are a dime a dozen now days. The problem is finding guys that can work well together and relate well to the other members in your department - guys that have something to bring to the "party" if you get my drift.

'Sled

Last edited:
avbug said:
Radar at altitude, but we don't have it on board the tankers, and it would be a waste and a danger at low level in the smoke, anyway. Heads up, slow down, hang on. Generally the fire is wind driven, generally in very cut up terrain, and it's the wind driven fire that's got us there to begin with. We usually don't get called when it's calm and nice.

That's a far cry from going places you shouldn't in a Lear, high and dry, point to point, delivering a box. There's no reason to go those places or put the aircraft through those things in the Lear. Professional judgement works overtime to avoid such places and situations in a lear. W(h)eather you're delivering boxes or passengers, the learjet is a gentlemanly airplane, a business airplane, and it's properly flown smoothly, with forethought and planning, and yes, with attention to the radar.............

Well, that puts your previous statement in a little better context. I can see how you might find yourself in some turbulence on a regular basis doing that job. With no profile or mention of your job it was kind of difficult to put your post in context. Sorry.

Hmmm, I am a little confused about your statement there airnetr...did you not follow the entire thing either like the rest of the posters. The intention of my ribbing started with a humorous thought of "why not?" Why not get people all fired up, why not have some good ole fun and see how long i can make it last? The topics of weather on this board all begin the same way, with someone posting about a line of t-storms or someone asking how to manage an a/c in bad weather. Never fails to generate into a bitching match between a few pilots(who seemed to join this one as well), so i figured, why not just start it myself and see how long i can keep them going...always fails though when a troll spoils the fun. It always seems that no matter what happens on here, people can't just chill and let people discuss matters at hand, they always feel the need to jump down someones throat for something they did that in their minds is soooo terribly wrong. Due to that, i just had to mess with people...did a pretty good job too, had all these holier than thou types on here bashing me for awhile...it was pretty cool to see just what they really thought of themselves. Oh well, i guess there is always a few in every crowd...

CAN YOU FEEL THE SARCASM???

Still not quite sure about avbugs comment about syntax and blah blah blah...I've never been banned, and this is not another new name.

Last edited:
I'm honestly not trying to start a war here and with all due respect Starchkr, I totally understand that your comments were said out of fun and sarcasm but that's not how they get interpreted by others. All other people see when they read comments like that and see the avatar and screen name is just another cocky freight pilot that's an accident waiting to happen. All it does is add to the infamous "cowboy attitude" stereotype that freight pilots have around the industry today and it makes us all look like a bunch of unsafe yahoos.

Respectfully,
Airnetr

"Fun" and "sarcasm" can't be used as an excuse when you realize you made a dumb post, and aren't happy with the responses you are garnering from others...

Anyone else see similarities with the two -r's?

Latest resources

Back