• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hiring Times at JetBlue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's the current allocation of newhires to the E190 vs. Airbus? Are newhires going forward more likely to get the E190 given the delivery schedule?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that all new-hires are still getting the option of which aircraft to fly. You may have to delay a class or two if one wants a particular aircraft but it shouldn't be a long wait. However, we all know how important seniority is.

The breakdown for classes seems to run approx. 16 320 newhires and approx. 8 190 newhires every two weeks.

Good Luck.

sayagain?

Newhires still have a choice of aircraft. Upgrade to 190 Capt. is currently around 13-15 months, and upgrade to the Bus is 2 1/2 years.

CUZ said:
Newhires still have a choice of aircraft. Upgrade to 190 Capt. is currently around 13-15 months, and upgrade to the Bus is 2 1/2 years.

Upgrade to the left seat of the Bus is a lot more than 2.5 years for a new hire.

Last edited:
Even with 140 320 fo's going to the 190? Thats 10 classes worth of upgrades gone. Current upgrade time is 2 years and 3 months. Just my 2$.

Latest resources

Back