• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hiring Times at JetBlue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The qualifications at jetblue are not different for the 190 or the 320. As far as the competitive times I am not for sure if there is a magic number.

:)

This is what their site is saying...

Competitive Qualifications
Our computers surface the most competitive applicants in the database. These files are then reviewed by a team of line Pilots. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, competitive qualifications can be significantly higher than the minimum requirements. On average, we are currently seeing the following background in candidates selected to interview:
• Between 3,000 and 10,000 hours total time in airplanes
• Greater than 2,000 hours turbine PIC in jets
• Greater than 2,000 hours in airplanes at or above 20,000 pounds (maximum takeoff weight)
• Experience with more sophisticated aircraft utilizing Electronic Flight Instrument Systems (EFIS), Flight Management Systems (FMS)
• Bachelor’s Degree

I think JB likes to hire guys from a variety of backgrounds and levels of experience. I've been applying there since 9/11/01 and just scheduled my interview for next week due to a blue dart. Now I just hope that I don't screw it up.For me, the interview came because I knew someone. Actually, I know a lot of someones, but this one threw me his dart. Thank god for that.

It was mentioned to me that JB has something like 12,000 apps. on file, so it's kind of hard to stand out from the crowd.

Keep flying, keep applying, and hopefully you'll get lucky like I did.

Nope,

I'm furloughed UAL currently living large as a check airman in the non-sched world. It's not too bad, but it's not a career either. Most of us are just trying to make it work until we can find a career job, which is why I'm so excited about JB.

I know two guys that got hired with between 4500-5000 TT. 2000-2300 PIC TurboPROP. They both also had somewhere between 300 and 600 hours of jet time (one in a 737 and another in a 757). AND they both went to AirInc. Hope that helps.

For what its worth.

The Aug. 5th interview class was very diverse. Mil, corp, regional, furloughed airline, cargo with varying times and experiences. The one constant was everyone seemed to have a good attitude and people were outwardly friendly. Truly a nice bunch of people.

Many people had above average times but some were under as well. A guy I recently spoke with who is interviewing soon has much less than the average PIC so they are interviewing lots of different times.

I did the airinc show and feel that helped(still pissed I had to give Kit more money but I guess it was worth it).

A friend of mine relayed a story of his friend who interviewed an did not get it. The one constant was this guy was angry at his former employer(rightfully so) and felt he deserved the job. He felt that came out during the interview.

Who knows what the trick is though.

Good Luck to everyone interviewing at JB this week.

Get a lot of rest, and drink a lot of water while waiting, and enjoy it.

Remember the people interviewing you, were being interviewed not long ago, themselves.

DW

Latest resources

Back