• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hiring @ Southern Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not meaning to thread Hijack, but I worked some contract MX for Southern about 2 years ago. I thought they had 4 planes back then and now I hear they have 16, is that correct? Did all the new airplanes come from buying Cargo 360 or did they acquire them from others places?

Just curious, thanks in advance.

You all may be right, but SAI's POI buys off on this type of SH!#. It happens on a regular basis. To be fair, SAI doesn't lie to, screw, or cheat their crews out of money at least 3% of the time. All sarcasm aside, greater than 18 hour duty days happen on a regular basis at SAI. I am tired of arguing about the regs. The fact is that SAI and their POI agree that we have no duty time regulations. That is one of the many reasons my feet are doing the talking. :mad:

John...is that you!!!?
If so Glad to see that you've stopped talking and start walking...................!!!!!!!
GHB
P.S.
Good luck at Air Tran!

Scumbag freight operators . .

1. No rules.
2. No duty day limits.
3. Don't expect ANY help or intervention from the POIs/PMIs with regards to safety or regulatory compliance. Draw your own conclusions why.

I believe someone lumped Kalitta in that group. If that's the case, then it doesn't meet your criteria. They have duty limits, the POI is a former NWA captain who is very serious about his job, and full book of rules. Lower pay than some, better than others. Perhaps the concept of what derogatory adjective you attach to an operator is somewhat subjective, then. Clearly each of these operators has pilots and crew who have been with them for more than a short period. Each make up their own mind where they want to stay, and it's really their business. No one else's.

It's quite possible that what some term a "scumbag" operator fits the lifestyle of those who work there, just fine. Some don't like being gone for extended periods, others do...or at least enjoy getting their work done and out of the way in one shot without extra commuting every other day, and having their days off in one lump sum. To each his own, perhaps.

Latest resources

Back