• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hiring @ Southern Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everything Dakota said is true. Except I no longer am looking through rose colored glasses. The crews are expected to carry the burden of making these flights move. I don't think that it will get better. This is the way management wants it. This is ACMI and the new owners are not interested in giving pilots a good QOL. They want a profit an that is the bottom line. MX is horrible. It is not the mechanics, they receive no support either. I will give you the real scoop. When you bid a line, don't expect to fly that line. Scheduling will change it at their convienience. They will screw you out of overtime pay and lie to you about the reason. Management does not adhere to the employee contract. The chief pilot will back them in their lies. I use to defend SAI. I can no longer do this. They keep saying hang in there it is getting better. For the last year and a half it has gotten worse. They recently screwed me out of about $1,000 dollars of overtime and blamed it on the computers crashing. The chief pilot basically said that is how it is. If you do come here just understand that you are a tool that management will use and abuse. I took me over a year to figure it out. I guess I am not to smart. They will send you all over the world with no established form of communication, no support, no instructions on how to get to and from the hotels, no idea how to get your outbound flight plan, and plan on getting to your destination and not having any hotel reservations. Oh yeah, and try to get runway analysis for new airports when you can't even contact the company. All this after 20 + hours on duty. And you will have many duty days over 20 hours. If you try to tell scheduling you are tired, they instantly get the CP on the phone to threaten you. I have spent over 30 hours on airplanes before. It will continue to happen. They will take trips from you and give them to other crews who are not over guarantee. If you like being lied to and abused, then by all means welcome to Southern Air. If I were you I would go to a regional and build time that way. At least you will have work and duty rules there. Supplemental ACMI has no duty time regulations and management takes full advantage of that.

And by the way, you will never see 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off at SAI. Never have, never will. It isn't going to happen. I am not bitter though.
cheers

Pilotbrain was the youngest captain at Cargo 360, a failed F/O at Skywest, a young hopeful to fly a King Air in Pueblo, Colorado, and a F/O for several regionals (including Skywest, where he also said he was rejected)...all in the past year. Now it's Southern.

Doesn't look good for your credibility either, swordfish.

Sweet! another place i have worked, or maybe not, it really doesn't matter to you.

Pilotbrain, apparently it matters to you. This has been posted about you before...a long thread about it, in fact, at http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=105613

Perhaps not a pilot at all...the only thing for certain is that youl tell lies. Frequently.

One year ago you made the following statement:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthr...88#post1140288

I've answered this question before. I am a Skywest Pilot and have been for five years.

A close friend of mine used to be a pilot at GoJet but has since moved on to Continental.
Tiring of all the unhapppy, negative, whiney, crybaby, losers that have nothing better to do day in and day out is complain, he asked if I wanted to respond.

Have a Great Day and Fly Safe.
One year ago you were a skywest pilot, and had been for five years. But today, a year later, you're a captain in a B747. Care to explain that?

Or how about this post, made only a week or two prior to the last one, in which you say you tried for Skywest, but didn't get the job? The thread involves MarineGrunt, who was invited for an inteview with Skywest...this is your response regarding the simulator...

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=86656

Its pretty intense.....they asked me which simulator I wanted to fly...frasca or ast...I said ast...they put me on frasca...didnt get the job.

How about this one...you're the youngest captain the B747 ever...but a year ago you were seeking employment flying LR35's and King Airs in Pueblo...

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthr...47#post1127647

Does anyone know anything about the interview process for Travelaire Flight Service in Pueblo, Colorado....I have an interview next week and wondering if anyone has worked for them or knows anything about them.

In August of last year you were making twenty three dollars as a regional F/O...not at Skywest, mind you...the place where you've been for the last five years before you miraculously upgraded to be the youngest 747 captain in the world...

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthr...07#post1088507

Yes it was a smart move....captains pay 56 an hour after 3 months.....and 1000 pic after 14 months....now tell me redbood....was saying no really a smart move....by the way my 23 an hour fo pay to start is more than skywest and many other regionals to start to fly the 70 seat jet...

I think it's safe to say once again that any hope of credibility does not exist. Once more, Good luck.

Last edited:
Sweet! another place i have worked, or maybe not, it really doesn't matter to you. Reebo?

Do you even know where you work? You are a joke. Probably some high school kid who thinks it's KEWL to hang out on FI and pose as a pilot.

Get a ********************ing life :angryfire

Supplemental FARS

Maybe I misunderstood a previous post ....someone said there were no regs governing Supplemental Carriers such as Southern Air? You may want to check 121.500 series FARS...We are a supplemental carrier as well and we had to force feed a lot of these regs to our schedulers over the years, but having done so,we aren't abused any where near like we have been in the past.
Another thing to keep in mind is that when you allow these companies to schedule you over 8 hours in the states or 18 hours international, it's on your back. They(the company) just self disclose to the Feds and then the Feds come after you...
Here is a link to the FAR website http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/tex...=div6&view=text&node=14:2.0.1.4.19.19&idno=14

Maybe I misunderstood a previous post ....someone said there were no regs governing Supplemental Carriers such as Southern Air? You may want to check 121.500 series FARS...We are a supplemental carrier as well and we had to force feed a lot of these regs to our schedulers over the years, but having done so,we aren't abused any where near like we have been in the past.
Another thing to keep in mind is that when you allow these companies to schedule you over 8 hours in the states or 18 hours international, it's on your back. They(the company) just self disclose to the Feds and then the Feds come after you...
Here is a link to the FAR website http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/tex...=div6&view=text&node=14:2.0.1.4.19.19&idno=14

Do you think tht it hasen't been done already, many times. The FAA has bought off on it here at SAI and at previous ACMI company. If you read closely there is no duty time regs for 3 man crew. Only flight time regs. I have fought that fight many times. Is it moral, no but the feds have signed off on it. It won't be my problem after next week. Somebody else will have to fight that battle. I am glad it isn't happening where you work.

Latest resources

Back