Hiring at majors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

suupah

Hey, I know that this may not belong in this forum but I am thinking of going to a beech 1900 operation and I was wondering how the majors view flight time in this kind of plane compared to an RJ? Is turbine pic the same regardless of the plane?

thanks

B6Busdriver said:
With your spaceshuttle time you will be a shoe-in.

Actually SATURN IV time. But that is only single engine so I guess it doesn't count for much.

Actually, the Saturn IV had something like 5 engines in the first stage (I think).

Okay, I'll shut up now before you start thinking I'm some kind of NASA geek...

I'll be the space geek for a second

The Saturn IV, more commonly called the S-IVB, was the second stage of the Saturn IB booster and the third stage to the Saturn V moon rocket. It was powered by one J-2 engine that used liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen as propellents. The Saturn V did have five engines on its first stage (The F-1, which developed 1.5 million pounds apiece burning RP-1 and liquid oxygen).
Sorry, I sound like such a geek, but I love that stuff.

Borat Sagdiyev said:
The Saturn IV, more commonly called the S-IVB, was the second stage of the Saturn IB booster and the third stage to the Saturn V moon rocket. It was powered by one J-2 engine that used liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen as propellents. The Saturn V did have five engines on its first stage (The F-1, which developed 1.5 million pounds apiece burning RP-1 and liquid oxygen).

Lord have mercy, I have trouble lighting a bottle rocket, let alone what it makes it zoom in the air.

Borat Sagdiyev said:

Hey Borat,

You need to tour Scaled Composites at MHV if you haven't already (they say they don't do tours but if you tell them your a pilot and ask very nicely you'll get one). I did it a couple months ago and it was very cool. BTW, Burt says, "Hi."

Latest resources

Back