• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hiring at majors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you guys a bunch of rocket surgeons or what?

We need you guys working on the flap aeromizer thingamajigee

flint4xx said:
I got hired with King and 1900 only time.
Not to beat on this, that or the other thing, but what is 'only time'?

Man, well i have 200 orbital, 100 suborbital time and I have logged 3 lunar landings in the past 90days. does this count for anything?

But back to the original Q..... Beech time sounds good or bad probably depending on what connections you have in the majors. Also wondering how the majors look at bigger props like saabs, brasilias and dash's

thanks

Hmmm....

My guess is that turboprop time is turboprop time...irreguardless of aircraft....unless you want JetBlue, then the 1900 won't cut it.

I will revise my earlier statement. 121 PIC turbine, 4 year degree, and most importantly, who you know will get you the job at the majors.

At my interview they were just as interested in my Beech 99 time as they were my jet time.

IMHO... The flight time gets you your ticket to the interview, but they want to see if you are a good person to represent the airline, and someone they'd want when the chips are down.... My advice: Go get the most amount of PIC Turbine you can get and get out. But, if you're concerned about the industry go somewhere that you can stay a while and make a little money until things recover.

Regionals: A great place to start, but a horrible place to get stuck.

Latest resources

Back