Hired at NJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Archie Bunker said:
Got a copy of the checklist by any chance?

**** dont worry so much about the checklist. It really isnt a challenge/respond type.

I can understand parking at lot B if you're airlining somewhere to start your trip, but what if your trip starts in LAX, over by the corporate/cargo side of the airport? Can't you park at Signature or Millionaire, or wherever your trip starts? Sorry for the dumb questions, but this is new to me.

****most of your trips will start with an airline flight. Depending on where you live, you might have to drive to SMO or VNY. Something like it has to be within 90 from your house. LAX is 90 miles from me, but SMO is more, therefore I do not have to drive there. They might put me in a cab from LAX. Even if you start at LAX, probably park at Lot B, take the shuttle then a cab. Or maybe call the FBO and have them send a cab to Lot B. Expense all of it.

I am very new here, still waiting for IOE, so I dont know much. But keep asking questions, I will help you out as much as I can. Do sign up for the American Express Hilton Honors credit card, and call them to sign up for the highest status....tell them you are with Netjets...i think it is diamond status.

NFOtoPilot said:
Got accepted as well. Archie we interviewed together. Congrats. Looking forward to my last move. PBI at the end of Aug. Citation Excel.

I live in the Boca Raton area so PBI would be my first choice. How hard is it to get it as a new-hire?

positiveg said:
I live in the Boca Raton area so PBI would be my first choice. How hard is it to get it as a new-hire?

Unlike an airline-type operation, new-hires don't bid for domiciles, as they are termed at NJA. What's happening lately is that applicants are being interviewed based upon that person's domicile preference. Supposedly the company is lately only interviewing for LAX and CMH, as the other domiciles are considered to be filled up at this time. And if you are wondering, there is no language in the contract allowing new-hires to switch from domicile to another.

Last edited:
skiandsurf said:
And finally parking at LAX. They will reimburse your parking bill. Use Lot B, $8/day. Dont park up front, $30/day.
Do NOT park in Lot B. That lot sucks, is not very secure or well-lit, and the shuttle bus service is VERY infrequent. Until the company comes up with a plan for parking, park somewhere more convenient, with better shuttle service. Lot C is better, and many of the nearby hotels offer airport parking with shuttle service to the terminals and ready access to cabs to get to the FBOs.

Depending on where you live, you might have to drive to SMO or VNY. Something like it has to be within 90 from your house.
Each domicile has one satellite airport assigned to it. For LAX, it is VNY. If you live within 90 miles, you must also "choose" a satellite. Since there is only one choice...

skiandsurf said:
Checklist usage is different from what I was used to. They claim to be very CRM oriented, but I question this. They start the engine with only one pilot in the cockpit. I guess this is the norm for corporate aircraft. And finally parking at LAX. They will reimburse your parking bill.

In the X, both pilots are required to be in the cockpit for engine start. (although I do agree our CRM could be better.)

I'm not aware that the company will reimburse your parking bill - please tell me more ....

20.8 Parking Fees at Domiciles/Satellites
The Company will reimburse parking for a pilot who uses a Domicile/Satellite when no parking spaces are otherwise provided by the Company. The Company and the Union will discuss concerns with Company provided parking.

Note they only pay when "company parking" is not provided (which is almost always the case).​

Crack-Ed said:
20.8 Parking Fees at Domiciles/Satellites​

The Company will reimburse parking for a pilot who uses a Domicile/Satellite when no parking spaces are otherwise provided by the Company. The Company and the Union will discuss concerns with Company provided parking.​

Note they only pay when "company parking" is not provided (which is almost always the case).​

Ok, if it's "almost always the case," do you know if company provided parking at LAX and VNY (satellite) is available? Thanks.

Latest resources

Back