Hired at NetJets!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats on the new job, guys......

Think about this, though. Ever wonder why we have over 300 F/O's who won't ungrade?

It's a great job, steep learning curve though. Stay sharp, realize that it's your a$$ out there on the line. Nobody at NJA is going to try to keep your can outta the fire.

Also remember that all you have to do is ask any NJA crewmember for the REAL scoop on the road. This is a fun job, and it's going nowhere but up.

Again, congratulations, and see you on the line!

Toploader

Just spoke to Linda and there are mainly Ultra slots available. Because the overwhelming number of applicants and people not desiring to upgrade in the Ultra, with few exception everyone will get that assignment for the time being. Maybe a few Excel slots are coming around soon.
As far as bidding CA, you will receive a bid form in your job offer packet in a few days. You must fax it back. You will not get paid as a CA until finishing A/C training, according to Mr. McDermand, the main man of recruiting.
Congratulation to all, welcome to NJA.
Please...pleeeese study your call-outs in your packet. It will make your life so much easier!!! Speaking from personal experience.
Yes, shirt and tie during FSI too, except on Fri, Sat, Sun. No jeans.

what's wrong with the ultra that no one in the company wants to upgrade into it? and what is the real scoop about life on the road?

Cant speak for all the ultra f/o's, but the reason some are not upgrading are probably the following:

1-no money incentive....already drawing cpt pay
2-will loose their 7 and 7
3-Have sat alot of bullpen and are not comfortable because they do not have alot of time in the a/c

just my opinion....
1900cpt

people don't bid ultra for several reasons. mainly, there's no incentive to bid capt. in no particular order:

1. work too hard - lots of legs, small rwys, no wx a/p, etc.
2. you get capt pay within a month or two as f/o anyways.
3. it's a lot to learn. not just the plane but the nejets way. You can't learn it all in a few weeks of school/sim/ioe. unless you've been doing this same type of flying, you really need at least one of each season in the right seat.
4. you won't get the 7/7, or at least the 7/7 line you want for quite some time. as a senior f/o you'll get it and keep it longer.
5. same for vacation.
6. f/o's sit bullpen quite a bit. if you live within 100 miles of your gateway, it's a good deal.
7. you want to be a captain AND on probation?

Bizjet737 hit it right on the head with #7!!

I don't mind doing my upgrade and checkride while on probation - you either cut it or you don't. However, I don't want to be flying the line as a Captain while on probation.

While most contracts have provisions in their contract that state if you upgrade during your probationary period, your probation is waived. Our contract doesn't have such a provision.

Why would I subject myself to the additional stress? Especially when I'm still learning how things operate here with my 80 hours!!!

Although its true that being a Captain while under probation is tough, its not such a raw deal. Plenty of companies hire pilots as Captains off the street (lots of corporate and charter), and as long as you know the aircraft, you're ok.

Of course, NJA is upgrading guys without any experience in type. In that case you get 250 hours (or more) before you're actually released as Captain. Except for perhaps the Citation X and Ultra, 250 hours takes about 6-8 months. That does not include Indoc, Initial, Upgrade, IOE etc. In my case that took three months (and I was considered quick). So, in other words, its going to be 9 to 11 months before I actually become Captain (Even though I upgraded and got paid as Captain in 3 months). So I fly a month or two as Captain while on probation - not the end of the world.

BBJ Driver said:
At least the Probies get weeded out quick!!

Good luck Newbies!

I doubt this guy(if its a guy)even works at NetJets-please don't pay attention to his posts-it is not representative of the type of personalities at the company.

Thanks and Fly Safe
Chuck

Latest resources

Back