• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hilton vs. Marriott

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One things to consider... I was both a Marriott and Hilton user for years at a corporate position...Hilton points expire..or at least I believe they still do. Marriott points do not. If for some reason you aren't active in your Hilton Honors account you'll end up losing them

One things to consider... I was both a Marriott and Hilton user for years at a corporate position...Hilton points expire..or at least I believe they still do. Marriott points do not. If for some reason you aren't active in your Hilton Honors account you'll end up losing them

Hilton points do expire if you don't have activity in 12 months. I was gold level for years and Hilton sent me an email last month saying account activity or loose your points.

I've been a Marriott guy since 1986. Left them once for Priority Club (due to their 5000 points Points Break program) and went back.

...Not going to lie... Im a point whore. But im going back home and using points for my free SWA ticket and my 5 nights in a courtyard. Being a whore does have its benifits ;)

I am so over the Hilton BS.

We stayed in Marriotts for years and loved them. The Platinum override is a great benefit, and it works. The company I work for recently setup some corporate deal with Hilton and so we changed. We have had nothing but headaches since. I have tried on SEVERAL occasions to get a Diamond override, and every time they have some excuse why they can't do it. Yesterday was the most recent. The hotel we wanted was sold out and they told us that they won't allow overrides. Again? WTF??? Fine. I called the Marriott next door which was also sold out and guess what, no problem, we'll get you right in.

Hiltons website sucks, their cancellation policy sucks, their point program sucks, their internet connection speed REALLY sucks, their late checkout policy sucks, etc, etc, etc. The list goes on and on.

If you don't spend more than a couple nights a month in a hotel and don't have to handle making your own reservations, it probably won't make a big difference to you.... but if you spend a lot of time on the road and have to deal with all the BS yourself, do yourself a favor and switch to Marriotts.

Hilton points do expire if you don't have activity in 12 months. I was gold level for years and Hilton sent me an email last month saying account activity or loose your points.

I've been a Marriott guy since 1986. Left them once for Priority Club (due to their 5000 points Points Break program) and went back.

100% agree....

Latest resources

Back