• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hilton vs. Marriott

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have found Embassy Suites to be a has-been chain of yesteryear. Mostly dumpy and/or tired properties.

As far as Hilton/Marriott, you can tell both points programs to default to your favorite frequent flier account, so its all the same in the end.

Marriotts are more liberal with a cancel before 6P policy, Hiltons are different from one property to the next, typically 3 PM.

The ones I have stayed at; Hiltons are newer, Marriotts older.

I tend to avoid Residence Inns because they tend to be a white-trash crowd, not that anything is wrong with that, but, just saying....

But I agree, you are splitting nano-hairs

** there are some newer Holiday Inn Express hotels (McAllen for one) that are actually pretty nice and good for that last minute trip or weather diversion.

Last edited:
The embassy on Swensen in LAS is the best hotel ever. Nice rooms and I have the bartender's phone # on my speed-dial. Good times!

Homewood Suites are awesome, especially Mon-Thursday since they have free dinner (decent meal actually) and usually free booze without all the head-aches of Embassy Suites.

We usually stay at the best hotel we can in the area, regardless of chain...and often thats not a Marriott or a Hilton..

Drive 30mins past a great hotel in a great location to stay at some pilot ridden beat up Marriott so you can get a free hotel on your annnual disney pilgrimage w your brats?? Nope!...-- and no question about it -- I WILL sleep in the car or the FBO before staying in an Embassy F'n Suites Day Care Center.

We wont hire or tolerate hotel point sluts.

:):laugh:

We primarily use Hilton properties but Marriott properties are excellent too; kinda depends on a given destination.

Another vote for Homewood Suites...comfortable rooms/beds, reasonable rates, and no Girl Scout conventions/Little League tournaments staying there that I've ever seen...

Hilton Garden Inn.

Clean.
Quite.
Comfortable beds.
Free Internet.
Good breakfast.

In that order.

X

Hilton Garden Inns are very good in my opinion. They beat the Courtyard or Fairfield (similar level Marriott brands) hands down

Latest resources

Back