Hilton Honors Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well NetJets must be great. Not just great...Diamond great

A hilton diamond card and $5.00 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. The Hilton program has really turned to crap over the last 6 or so years. It used to actually mean something but now it just means that you stay more than the other people.

Really? I have nothing but positive things to say about the Diamond desk. I have been able to get non-refundable rooms refunded, pushed myself into hotels when they were sold out ect.

No complaints except no free hooch in the US hotels (unlike Europe).

It seems like if you are at a Hilton while at work then you are just a crewmember and dont get the full benefits. However if you use if on your off time you get a totally different reception. In either case I have always been treated well by the employees at the Hilton chains.

Diamond status no good huh? My wife and I get 2 full weeks of free vacations out of it every year. The diamond desk has been excellent to me and although the points don't get you as much as they used to, with the platinum credit card, i still get more points than I could use with the time I get to actually use them.

diamond status

i am presently on vacation in europe. due to a family mixup we found
ourselves in tallinn estonia on a sunday night without a room.
one call to hilton europe they said they could not help, dropped the
"D" word and are presently enjoying a great room in a sold out hotel
for just 10,000 points a night.

Don't get me wrong, I would rather be a Diamond than not. The problem I see is Hilton has just kept watering down the benefits every year. I have enjoyed some nice vacations in the past in Hawaii, the Caribbean and the U.S. Just to give you an Idea how much the awards have inflated in the past. Three years ago I used 170,000 points and got 6 nights on Kona and airfare on United for 2. Today it takes 175,000 points for just the 6 nights in the hotel. Normal hotel rewards are 10,000 per night Cat 1, or 40,000 for a Cat 6. I know the other chains are doing the same, so it's not just a Hilton!

TORCH67 said:
Don't get me wrong, I would rather be a Diamond than not. The problem I see is Hilton has just kept watering down the benefits every year. I have enjoyed some nice vacations in the past in Hawaii, the Caribbean and the U.S. Just to give you an Idea how much the awards have inflated in the past. Three years ago I used 170,000 points and got 6 nights on Kona and airfare on United for 2. Today it takes 175,000 points for just the 6 nights in the hotel. Normal hotel rewards are 10,000 per night Cat 1, or 40,000 for a Cat 6. I know the other chains are doing the same, so it's not just a Hilton!

Torch, I think if you check back on the same vacation today you will find that Hilton offers something called points savers (or whatever). The point value for a Kona vaca is still about the same. Asa far as UAL not capitulating.... they have been in bankrupcy the last several years. I bet THEY pulled the Hilton perks from the program, not Hilton.

I think Hilton has been very good, allowing for Hilton points, airline miles/credits (SWA) and MY WAY points to all simultaneously accrue.

The Diamond desk is good. In fact, NJA pilot shave their own number we can call to get unique service.

Hyatts are good. At least you get the little amenities upon checkin.

Marriott... ehh. whatever. Nothing special.

I just checked the Hilton website. While they have added a lot of hotels, they done away with ALL airline redemption. This does suck.

I would use Hilton to purchase tickets out to the bush in Alaska (normally a $1000-1500 ticket).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back