• Start date
  • Watchers 22

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So with all things being equal w/ quality of life and other intangibles, which flying job would yield the biggest payoff strictly based on cash earnings for a pilot with 30 years left.

Southwest?
UPS?
FedEx?
United?
Continental?
Delta?
Emirates??
Air Force?

Go Air Force for 20 then see which of these is best over the last 10-15 yrs....it will diversify your risk and provide you with a much broader taste of life then staying at one place for 30+ years. Live overseas to the max extent possible early on and don't get too hung up on making rank --- fly, see the world, and serve your country. The retirement you'll gain will give you much flexibility on the type of airline or other non-flying job you pursue afterwards.

...just my two yens worth of course.

Fedex and UPS have to be at the top for pay and SWA has to be at the top for beer consumption.

I'll bet it's a corporate job not listed above.

I hear that loud and clear, I know plenty of corporate guys pulling down W2's larger then 12 year Fedex widebody guys (based upon $225 an hour at 74 hours per month with thier A and B funds included).

While it's not the norm, they are out there and I am glad to see it.

I have said it a million times, the best corporate jobs blow away the the best airline jobs.

The worst corporate jobs make a day at a Nike shoe factory with no bathroom breaks look like paradise.

Go Air Force for 20 then see which of these is best over the last 10-15 yrs....it will diversify your risk and provide you with a much broader taste of life then staying at one place for 30+ years. Live overseas to the max extent possible early on and don't get too hung up on making rank --- fly, see the world, and serve your country. The retirement you'll gain will give you much flexibility on the type of airline or other non-flying job you pursue afterwards.

...just my two yens worth of course.

Yeah, AF for 20 THEN get yourself on a senority list. Brilliant!

What companies? I knew some who made over 100k, but none over 200k. And the F/O's made much less.

Most of them are not the big named Fortune 500 companies that you would think of.

The folks you have never heard of pay the best. With the advent of so many hedge funds all you need to do is look at a list of the wealthiest individuals in the US and those are the one willing to ante up the big bucks. They are the ones with the big corporate jets. The better funds will pay you a bonus based upon their funds performance. They will also let you invest into their funds (that are typically saved for those with extensive net worths)

Someone worth multi billions has no problem paying his pilots top dollar for his and his families safety.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back