Highest paid pilots now in U.S.?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Baby Cakes

OK, I'm thinking FedEx, followed by UPS are the highest paid pilots in the U.S.A. My friend says ABX Air guys lead the pack. I checked it out, but their guarantee is way low compared to their amigo's at Brown and Purple.

So, thoughts on who are the highest paid in 2006-7?

BC

I think Abx has some of the highest hourly rates. You are right the guarentee is low, but there is lots of OPF worked, and guys are making routinely in the 3-4 hundred K range as captains.

The difference is at Abx, you got to work your tail off, to make what the Fed Ex and UPS guys make from straight pay!!

The difference is at Abx, you got to work your tail off, to make what the Fed Ex and UPS guys make from straight pay!!

sitting in hotels.

I wonder if the highest paid pilots aren't really civil service pilots, when you figure in pretty good current pay, outstanding medical plans, and the net present value of early retirement with a very low risk defined benefit retirement scheme.

I wonder if the highest paid pilots aren't really civil service pilots, when you figure in pretty good current pay, outstanding medical plans, and the net present value of early retirement with a very low risk defined benefit retirement scheme.

Not.

I ran into a guy i used to work with who went to work for the Marshal's Service. He was working eight (flight) hours a day, five days a week, fifty weeks per year, no commuting, based in some podunk place I wouldn't want to visit on a dare, making $55k per year. Federal holidays off.

He was flying a small corporate jet, but had to wear a goofy flight suit.

That was a while back, but you can put away a ton o' cash when you're making a quarter million a year, every year, or even more, like $300k.

Gimme a flight suit any day over the white shirt uni.
I see SWA/FO and Instructordunce are making their typically enlightening additions...

Having been civil service as a GS-14 with a 25% bonus, the pay was very good, and the retirement at age 57 (mandatory) was also very nice. The blue flightsuit was better than the "poly suit" I wear now. However, the purple company does not require me to punch a clock and sit around the office doing crossword puzzles and sodoku to get my "time in". I can also live anywhere I want. Plus the pay is better in year three compared to what it would have maxed out at the government gig. JMHO...

Latest resources

Back