• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Highest paid pilots now in U.S.?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do FDX and ABX get a premium for overtime?

FDX does. 150% for the 1st 12 CH overtime on a trip and 200% for those after that. I just flew a 6 CH 1 day with a day added due to MX - so that was an extra 9 hours. They added 2 extra hotel standby periods so we would be available if the jet came up. We "stoodby" a total of 2 hours but.... since they added 2 "duty periods" we got 3.5 CH per period. So, all told, my 6 hour 1 day trip that turned into a 2 day paid me 22 CH. Nice!

FDX gets 150% for any extra flyings you do. Different if you get extended in the field.

Past....

Who has the most days off, that's about all I care about. Getting the most pay with the least amount of days off is not a great QOL in anyone's book. Unless you need to be away from home.

Are Fedex pilots required to clean the A/C after they block in?

All of you guys are missing the real problem with night freight,it takes years of your life,not to mention the problems of being asleep or trying to be asleep while everyone else in the world including your family is awake.. In my opinion I would rather make 80K a year and have a great lifestyle and live to be 90 years old.

A study was done on FedEx pilots many years ago concerning loss of sleep and the company would not release the results.

I like the fact of driving to the airport for a flight not commuting to ANC or Subic. The pay difference makes up for the lost time at home. Plus I do not need to buy a plane ticket for the family to go see grandma.

Maybe we should be asking how does our pay in the US compares with the pay in Europe, Australia or even ASIA. It is shameful that we have permitted our market to be "The Cheap Labor"

.........and at FedEx, you can smash up airplanes, crashland them, flip them over, burn them up, strike their tails, lose parts along the way.......and still get paid a huge amount.

Latest resources

Back