• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

High Tension Van Rides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The question is how are you going to have a leading contract and still be competitive out there? You can talk all you want about XJET but the fact is they still lost flying with CO. It is yet to be determined if the point to point flying will work. There is only so much growth out there for regionals left. XJET is also the exception to the rule. Every other new DCI airline has lower compensation than we do. As long as you work for an airline that relies on codeshares to survive you will never be able to get that sweetheart deal. If you want the true sweetheart deal you will have to move onto a major and give up that cushy seniority you have here. If you have been here about 15-20 years I say you have it pretty good. Making 95/hr and even more if you are checkairman/sim instructor.

BTW profit margins are shrinking every quarter, we have to bid cheaper to be more competitive against other airlines. The profits keep shrinking so it is better to stand pat than break the bank. That american dream of buying a house just may not be possible at a regional unless you are fairly senior. That is ok though because a lot of people are having to give up the american dream. Sometimes it is better to rent anyway. You can save the money you would spend on a mortage and use that as your raise. JAs compensation is of no concern to us or anyone else. Without him and the management this airline does not run. It is definately harder to run an airline than it is to say Autopilot on.

It's really amazing, but you actually seem to be getting dumber with every single post you make. Are you able to even feed yourself, or does your mom (who you probably still live with) have to help you out?

It's really amazing, but you actually seem to be getting dumber with every single post you make. Are you able to even feed yourself, or does your mom (who you probably still live with) have to help you out?

I feed myself just fine. Rent is never late. I haven't lived at home for quite a while, just smart with my money. Always pay cash for my cars. Most pilots who are off 1st year pay that are struggling to make ends meet have too much debt. You must be free of debt before getting into this career. If people are patient enough perhaps airlines will be paying people to get their certificates again like they did in the 60s. The problem is we are a very impatient society.

People just want to fork over all this cash at once, go into loads of debt then complain when they can't make ends meet. Of course you are going to have trouble making ends meet if you are $50,000 plus in debt. I do not feel sorry for anyone that complains about having trouble making ends meet when they are the ones that went into debt. I assure you FO even pay at a regional is livable. The problem is people are to careless with their money.

I'll revitalize this thread:

Unions= Great protection from greedy management

Unions= The best thing we have right now for any sort of representation

Unions= Potential absolute power resulting in absolute corruption

Unions= Caught up in predictable and tired bygone policies that managements use against them

Unions= Unequal representation when representing too many groups with diverging interests (think major versus regional, and now regional versus regional here)

ALPA can be a great thing for all pilots. It is not in its current state. MAJOR revamping needs to occur from the ground up, including more frequent audits and leadership rotations. ALPA cannot represent all the pilots in the world. It is simply an unrealistic expectation, and quite frankly, if ALPA want's to run itself efficiently and comptetitively (against management), it must not put itself into the situation where it completely monopolizes the unionization of airline pilots. We are getting closer to that and we can already see the breakdown in efficiencies and capital control.

It isn't pilot against pilot, or airline against airline here. If we all want what is best, then the pilot group of each airline must decide what is best for it in a democratic way. Special interest groups must not use most of the resources over the majority voice either.

Was in Omaha the other day and our crew (ASA) had to share a van with a Skywest crew. There was NO conversation for the 10-15 minute ride. Barely a hello, and not 1 goodbye. You could cut the tension with a knife. Has this been happening to anyone else?

My f/o shot one just to watch him die.:eek:

I feed myself just fine. Rent is never late. I haven't lived at home for quite a while, just smart with my money. Always pay cash for my cars. Most pilots who are off 1st year pay that are struggling to make ends meet have too much debt. You must be free of debt before getting into this career. If people are patient enough perhaps airlines will be paying people to get their certificates again like they did in the 60s. The problem is we are a very impatient society.

People just want to fork over all this cash at once, go into loads of debt then complain when they can't make ends meet. Of course you are going to have trouble making ends meet if you are $50,000 plus in debt. I do not feel sorry for anyone that complains about having trouble making ends meet when they are the ones that went into debt. I assure you FO even pay at a regional is livable. The problem is people are to careless with their money.

This guy is off the reservation. He's obviously been bankrolled by mommy. It's easy to disregard $18,500 a year when there's a nice little trust fund to draw from.

Also, his disregard for runaway executive salaries while we stock our pantries with cans of SPAM only goes to show that he has no self-respect for himself and for the profession.

I'll revitalize this thread:

Why?

Unions= Great protection from greedy management

Unions= The best thing we have right now for any sort of representation

Unions= Potential absolute power resulting in absolute corruption

Unions= Caught up in predictable and tired bygone policies that managements use against them

Unions= Unequal representation when representing too many groups with diverging interests (think major versus regional, and now regional versus regional here)

ALPA can be a great thing for all pilots. It is not in its current state. MAJOR revamping needs to occur from the ground up, including more frequent audits and leadership rotations. ALPA cannot represent all the pilots in the world. It is simply an unrealistic expectation, and quite frankly, if ALPA want's to run itself efficiently and comptetitively (against management), it must not put itself into the situation where it completely monopolizes the unionization of airline pilots. We are getting closer to that and we can already see the breakdown in efficiencies and capital control.

It isn't pilot against pilot, or airline against airline here. If we all want what is best, then the pilot group of each airline must decide what is best for it in a democratic way. Special interest groups must not use most of the resources over the majority voice either.

Do you have any experience whatsoever in doing ALPA work?

My f/o shot one just to watch him die.:eek:
I've had better conversations with Skywest crews than some of our own. The skywest crews don't seem to be quite as self absorbed as ours. I figure its because they don't consider themselves baby deltoids. They actually have personalities. Hop off your high horse sometime and start a conversation. Who knows, you might actually enjoy it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back