High Tension Van Rides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Terry,

Were you going for a Caneman skit with that one? I think he should give us a Caneman skit with a spiked hair wig, Ipod, backpack and everything talking about the amazing tension in the regional world.

HEY SOMEBODY GOT IT!!!!

Zawillif, you make it sound likes it's the Skywest crew who is responsible for this. You're just as equally responsible. Did you try to start a conversation? Did you say goodbye? Apparently not!

You are partly right, partly wrong. My captain was pissed and didn't speak a word to them. I was talking to the Skywest captain for the first minute or two of the ride, just your basic small talk. . But we quickly fell into uncomfortable silence.

Mookie Hellonewman presents a valid point in his last post. It seems as though if you don't support ALPA at SkyW you're a "moron". I've been an ALPA member before and I do think they serve a purpose and have in the past done positive things for their members.
However, I don't support them at SkyWest. I don't feel they will do any good here.
Although, congrats Mookie on your new job. I'm glad you feel as though ALPA is a great operation. Hopefully they will continue to get better contracts for their members, or should I say try to get back what they handed over.

You sound as overjoyed as Newwoman about the huge and generous 0% or 1% increases we were allowed in total for 101/2 years... Did you know that JA's compensation was up almost 400% over the last ten years?

You sound as overjoyed as Newwoman about the huge and generous 0% or 1% increases we were allowed in total for 101/2 years... Did you know that JA's compensation was up almost 400% over the last ten years?

STOP THAT RIGHT NOW, STOP MAKING SENSE 911! OIL PRICES BLAH BLAH BLAH LUCKY TO HAVE A JOB

Rode the van in OMA with a SKW crew a week or two ago. Got along fine. We all agreed we liked the legal protections that ALPA (or any real union) provides. They werent too sure they wanted ALPA negotiating for them, and we werent too sure that we didnt.

The question is how are you going to have a leading contract and still be competitive out there? You can talk all you want about XJET but the fact is they still lost flying with CO. It is yet to be determined if the point to point flying will work. There is only so much growth out there for regionals left. XJET is also the exception to the rule. Every other new DCI airline has lower compensation than we do. As long as you work for an airline that relies on codeshares to survive you will never be able to get that sweetheart deal. If you want the true sweetheart deal you will have to move onto a major and give up that cushy seniority you have here. If you have been here about 15-20 years I say you have it pretty good. Making 95/hr and even more if you are checkairman/sim instructor.

BTW profit margins are shrinking every quarter, we have to bid cheaper to be more competitive against other airlines. The profits keep shrinking so it is better to stand pat than break the bank. That american dream of buying a house just may not be possible at a regional unless you are fairly senior. That is ok though because a lot of people are having to give up the american dream. Sometimes it is better to rent anyway. You can save the money you would spend on a mortage and use that as your raise. JAs compensation is of no concern to us or anyone else. Without him and the management this airline does not run. It is definately harder to run an airline than it is to say Autopilot on.

I was on a bus in MLI with a ho jet crew. The CA was acting like a little d!ck, he kept on asking the FO questions like "Hey remember Mark? Did he make CA yet? I heard he did after a year"

BTW profit margins are shrinking every quarter, we have to bid cheaper to be more competitive against other airlines. The profits keep shrinking so it is better to stand pat than break the bank. That american dream of buying a house just may not be possible at a regional unless you are fairly senior. That is ok though because a lot of people are having to give up the american dream. Sometimes it is better to rent anyway. You can save the money you would spend on a mortage and use that as your raise. JAs compensation is of no concern to us or anyone else. Without him and the management this airline does not run. It is definately harder to run an airline than it is to say Autopilot on.

Dude, WAKE UP

JAs compensation is of no concern to us or anyone else. Without him and the management this airline does not run. It is definately harder to run an airline than it is to say Autopilot on.
Wow, just wow, what flavor Kool-aid are they serving over there at SKW?

Wow, just wow, what flavor Kool-aid are they serving over there at SKW?

Delicious frosty lemon lime. The SKW koolaid is much tastier and cheaper than ALPA koolaid. SKW koolaid = free. ALPA koolaid = 2% of your paycheck each month.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back