Hey Westies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MCDU

How does it feel being at the highest pay level you have ever had? Plus profit sharing! Must be nice.

Funny, the EAST is at its lowest and the West is at its highest compensation. No wonder you think ALPA is great. You are working under the best conditions you ever had. Thats too funny. You guys remind me of Skybus a year ago. Same talk. Fast upgrades and lots of airplanes on order.

Anyway, good luck trying to get our flying. It won't happen. You will be fenced in your low yield market.
You will enjoy exactly what you had prior to the merger. The desert and about 100 plus airplanes and your attrition. Hopefully you will see some growth in PHX and a few 330, which all belongs to you.

By the way, AWA Pilots could have saved ALPA by creating a 10-15 year fence, which would have protected the majority of us Eastholes and by not putting our reps in trusteeship who were just represting the will of its pilot group.

But no, you wanted it all now. Did you westies ever think that placing a pilot with 17 years of service with a newhire was going to be excepted. Our bottom active pilot went down the entire list. Nic did not merge the lists by using active pilots. Anyone who says MDA were not active USAIR pilots is clueless.
In 10 years there might only be 500-1000 Eastholes left. So, just like a kid who can not wait, you will. Be patient and you will have the airline, just not now.
Rant over.

Marty

Becket you are a tool. I bet you are either Mesa or Trans States. Shows me your lack of education since AWA did not require one. AWA is a scab airline with real scabs that crossed picket lines. No one has ever crossed one here.
Becket you are the scab. I got the book in front of me and it shows that you scabbed. AWA is a scab infested airline that does not hesitate to take away your flying.

But no, you wanted it all now. Did you westies ever think that placing a pilot with 17 years of service with a newhire was going to be excepted. Our bottom active pilot went down the entire list. Nic did not merge the lists by using active pilots. Anyone who says MDA were not active USAIR pilots is clueless.
In 10 years there might only be 500-1000 Eastholes left. So, just like a kid who can not wait, you will. Be patient and you will have the airline, just not now.
Rant over.

Marty

Not having a dog in this fight I must say I am a new hire at a company and I have 15 years of airlines service and I didn't expect to be on the 17 year pay scale.

So, you think a 1988 USAIR pilot should be treated as a new hire. OK That makes sense. NOT

So are you drunk posting? Just find out your wife is being poked by a Westie? Normally a tool? I give you guys until the summer before they shut down the whole airline.

"But no, you wanted it all now. Did you westies ever think that placing a pilot with 17 years of service with a newhire was going to be excepted."

Nice. Your whiny, childish, pointless rant that nobody cares about will not be ACCEPTED as quality because of your 3rd grade grammar. Turd.

Chucklhed. Thanks for the correcting my grammar. I appreciate that you read my post so carefully.

mcdu-
seniority does not equal longevity.
if you had 17 years, but were the bottom pilot- than yes, that is how it works and what is fair. Why should a merger make you anything but the bottom pilot when that's what you were before?

the reward for 17 years is topped out pay- which is a valuable thing-proven by all the pilots who refused to leave it and start over at 1st year pay somewhere else.
You have noone to blame but your OWN pilot group for the MDA mess. You got sold out-- join the rest of the young pilots in this country who have been sold out by the older generations... (b-scale, scope)

Becket you are a tool. I bet you are either Mesa or Trans States. Shows me your lack of education since AWA did not require one. AWA is a scab airline with real scabs that crossed picket lines. No one has ever crossed one here.
Becket you are the scab. I got the book in front of me and it shows that you scabbed. AWA is a scab infested airline that does not hesitate to take away your flying.

What does Mesa or Trans States have to do with anything remotely close to your bitter rant or picket lines talk? How does working for Mesa make you a scab? Freedom-A or GoJet is a different thing...but you didn't say that.

Man you east guys are bitter and angry...You've won the whole USAPA thing and you still go and insult the west.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back