• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey Westies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry Sir Scab Marty...I'm nothing you mentioned. You are a self professed union busting Scab. That's a fact that can no longer be contested. In 17 years,Why didn't you ever pull your head out of your ass long enough to look around, face reality, and dump US Air? How many turned down recall? You were at the bottom of the list before, and NIC puts you EXACTLY where you belong, and credits you for what you've earned. Sorry you've made such poor choices in life but that isn't the West's problem.

Nic will stand, USAPA will fail at every turn, and you will still be right where you belong...forever.

I'll give it a shot. Seniority is based on your DOH, that is according to both of our sect. 22. That covers everything to do with the job.
Longevity is the length of time actually working.

example. I was hired in April 2000. so for seniority purposes I have 8 years. However for two of those years I was on LOA, plus 1 year of furlough. So my longevity is 5 years.

The company definitely know the difference because I can guarantee they would be paying me 5th year pay not 8th.
Even though I am on 5th year pay not 8th, my DOH of April 2000 is still the one I use for bidding. This is because my seniority is based on DOH. Just like it is out West.
This is how our company, and all other companies define the two.
FYI these dates are not mine I just made them up for an example

C'mon guys, let Marty MCDU enjoy his gloating. His self-esteem desperately needs it -- especially considering what's ahead.

USAPA won a battle but is doomed to lose the war. I'm actually looking foward to your "professional" negotiator sitting down with management and demanding to rework the seniority list. My guess is the company will respond "that's not on the table". If not, a judge will readily issue an injuction preventing its implementation. Then you'll be left with a weak, do-nothing union, and LOA93 until the next NMB election or merger. Your behavior will benefit you naught.

Sorry Sir Scab Marty...I'm nothing you mentioned. You are a self professed union busting Scab. That's a fact that can no longer be contested. In 17 years,Why didn't you ever pull your head out of your ass long enough to look around, face reality, and dump US Air? How many turned down recall? You were at the bottom of the list before, and NIC puts you EXACTLY where you belong, and credits you for what you've earned. Sorry you've made such poor choices in life but that isn't the West's problem.

Nic will stand, USAPA will fail at every turn, and you will still be right where you belong...forever.

You're right. It will stand.

If the April hijackers and terrorists of USAPA are allowed to overturn neutral arbitrators rulings, then no pilot group is safe from infant seniority rage. Just as DALPA's MEC is hijacking the NWA pilots by force, so are the U crybabies hijacking AWA pilots.

The AWA pilots need to meet with Parker and get some deal to convice management it's in their best interest to flush the east coast turds they've scooped out of the toilet back to the sewer.

That is the only way this airline will survive. What can those idiots at USAPA do ?

Throw another tantrum ?

Sue ? (with what money ?)

I say the AWA pilots should revolt against the USAPA and tell them to do whatever they want. These clowns are going to force the AWA pilots to spend the remainder of their careers on their knees and it will be the viability of this airline that suffers.

Hear that Parker !..........meet with the AWA reps and clean house..............FAST.

Last edited:
So far every prediction a Westie has stated turns out wrong. Think about it.

From the UCRAPA Constitution.....(if you can call it that)

ARTICLE II MEMBERSHIP

Section 1. Qualifications

Any person of lawful age and of good moral character who is qualified as a pilot with U.S. Airways, Inc., and who has not resigned or retired from such status with the airline, shall be eligible for membership in the USAPA as hereinafter provided.

Well i guess MCDU and all the other 2700 eastholes are screwed......they cant even join their own union...:eek:

C'mon guys, let Marty MCDU enjoy his gloating. His self-esteem desperately needs it -- especially considering what's ahead.

USAPA won a battle but is doomed to lose the war. I'm actually looking foward to your "professional" negotiator sitting down with management and demanding to rework the seniority list. My guess is the company will respond "that's not on the table". If not, a judge will readily issue an injuction preventing its implementation. Then you'll be left with a weak, do-nothing union, and LOA93 until the next NMB election or merger. Your behavior will benefit you naught.

Yep.

A bunch of rioters that protest by burning their own houses down.

That'll show 'em, they say.

I say not a single AWA pilot ahould give a wooden nickel to these terrorists.

So far every prediction a Westie has stated turns out wrong. Think about it.

Your situation is hopeless.

The best thing Parker can do to save this airline is jettison what they bought. Perhaps a fire sale of routes, planes and equipment.

Keep the best and sell the rest. Then furlough like mad on the East side since it's still seperate.

Come on Parker !

Get'er done !

I'll give it a shot. Seniority is based on your DOH, that is according to both of our sect. 22.

This clumsy parsing of contract language is a perfect example of the intellectual dishonesty that the entire East "argument" has been built on since long before Nicolau warned them that it wasn't going to fly. Seniority is based on your DOH relative to the DOH of every other pilot on the seniority list, in other words a percentile. Longevity is a relationship to a point in time. Seniority is a relationship to other individuals. They are not the same thing.

Last edited:
Exerpt from the recent PlaneBusiness Banter (Holly Hegeman's opinion):

Our other main, and somewhat-related, topic this week is ALPA. The voting came to a close this week in the pilot representation election at US Airways. And this one came down to the wire.
As we predicted would be the case here months ago, the US Airline Pilots Association, or USAPA, beat out ALPA for the right to represent the pilots at the airline by a vote of 2,723 to 2,254. Once again, emotion rules.
For those who need a refresher on who's who here, USAPA was set up by a group of US Airways East pilots, as a result of that group's unhappiness with the ALPA arbitrator's decision concerning seniority of the combined union group consisting of both former US Airways pilots and former America West pilots.
In response to this turn of events, the former America West pilot group has formed its own ongoing support group, the America West Airlines Pilots Protective Alliance.
Think the pilots at Northwest Airlines are watching all of this intra-ALPA turmoil with more than just a bit of interest?
As a person who regularly communicates with pilots from both sides of the fence on this one -- here's my observation now that the election has been completed.
Last week I talked about the abject lack of leadership American Airlines showed in dealing with the press, its passengers, and its employees in regard to the Maddog groundings.
This week, we've got another prime example -- President John Prater at ALPA.
Strip out all the emotion and the rhetoric and the crap about this situation at US Airways and here is the way it is.
ALPA had a process in place to deal with a merger of two pilot groups that were both represented by ALPA. That process, I might add, had been changed a few years ago so that date of hire was no longer to be the one and only measure of where a pilot appeared on a merged seniority list.
Got that?
It's kind of like a law. While certain ALPA members might not have liked the fact ALPA did this a few years ago -- it was done. Period.
So America West pilots and US Airways pilots try to come to terms on a seniority agreement on their own.
Can't do it.
I don't think either side should blame the other for this. I would be shocked if any two pilot groups could do this on their own -- just as was the case with Delta and Northwest. Expecting this to happen is hallucinatory.
So, again, ALPA has a process that both sides are to follow, if this happens. It's called binding arbitration. It's also called binding arbitration for a reason.
And that is what happened. The issue was taken to an arbitrator.
That arbitrator ruled last May.
At that point, ALPA President John Prater should have immediately accepted the decision, presented it to US Airways management and told his membership: The organization's guildlines have been followed; we now move forward.
But no. He did nothing. Not only that, but he allowed the US Airways East pilots to present their dissenting argument to the ALPA board.
Worst case, Prater could have done what he needed to do and presented the list to US Airways after that presentation. Better late than never.
He didn't, the US Airways East pilots then had the momentum to start an anti-ALPA movement, and the rest, as they say, is history.
Now, not only does ALPA have this disaster to contend with (along with a huge reduction in dues) but we haven't even touched on the Delta-Northwest situation. But I know we will be doing so in the coming months.
Meanwhile, not one attorney I've talked to thinks that this move to USAPA will in any way negate the existing arbitration award. America West pilots or those sympathetic to ALPA will now refuse to pay dues to the new organization, all pilots have now lost insurance coverage and other benefits they had with ALPA, and the new union has zilch in the bank.
Where's all that jet-fuel driven testosterone when we need it?

Latest resources

Back