• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey regional pilots - DUMP ALPA!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only fix for the problem is for mainline pilots to not allow any regional outsourcing of there flying. The problem is they don't care enough about the problem to do what it takes to fix it.

Last time I checked many mainline pilots are working for their next paycheck the same as you are whereas I will suggest the next time you're operating your company run it as you see fit!

I nominate the IBT as the go to regional super union! They've been awesome for us at RAH. I even get a super glossy trucker mag every month!

Hahaha.... BAZINGA!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are all idiots. I will not disagree that ALPA does not have a regional pilots best interest in mind but the other pettiness is showing just who the tool is. You are the same type of **************************************** who probably thought a pilot talking on a cell phone while in public was unprofessional. Or laughed at the roller bag. I do not wear my sunglasses on my head often, but have found them there out of necessity of not wanting them lost or scratched. Why dont you try this, instead of being all high and mighty here on the message boards, why dont you confront all those with sunglasses on the top of their heads and see who is the tool? Or for that matter, why not look every pinnacle pilot in the eye and tell them how you feel? If you or ALPA (who recommended we got yes BTW) would have ponied up some support for feeding my kids and paying my mortgage by making sure I had lets say.....$40K a year while I started at another regional from the bottom? I might also add that most of you tools come from places that did not uphold the standards that Comair set and look what Delta did to them. I will also say that of the Mesaba contract that even though was shattered in a bankruptcy was better or equaled most of yours out there. What you want would be good for the industry and I agree with a one pay/contract for regionals or for that matter pay based on the size of aircraft for every regional. Sounds great but ALPA is not about to play ball with that. But I am assuming if the Delta pilots leave and form their own union, ALPA might want to shore up the regional pilots to stop them from leaving too.

But all effort would not work. Oh, you ask why? Because most of you are tools who would back stab the next guy and take $1 an hour less to get someone else's flying/planes. Its as simple as that.

If you or ALPA (who recommended we got yes BTW) would have ponied up some support for feeding my kids and paying my mortgage by making sure I had lets say.....$40K a year while I started at another regional from the bottom?
And this is why you got exactly what you got. Your fear is palpable, through a keyboard, and the Internet. As soon as you lose the fear, you will possess your own destiny. You want a handout? Try the Salvation Army.
Sorry!

Walk in his shoes then you might have a point..not making any excuses, but it's been pretty awful, and the merger is the icing on the turd. I remember this airline that hired me about tens years ago, what the hell happened to it?

And this is why you got exactly what you got. Your fear is palpable, through a keyboard, and the Internet. As soon as you lose the fear, you will possess your own destiny. You want a handout? Try the Salvation Army.
Sorry!

I agree with some of what you say, but come on, this is Delta we're talking about. Do you think that they would just throw up their hands and say, oh well, we tried?

What incentive would there be for this magical new union to press for improvements that would reduce the number of new regional pilots required? Or do you just choose to ignore the obvious junior-senior civil war that would develop within carriers?

There will always be another start-up airline out there offering a quick upgrade to a stagnated and discontented pilot and they will do it for less. I think that's the last line from Flying The Line Vol 3.

Sorry!

You are a tool, private message me and I will tell you my name and my contact info and we can talk about this-but I am sure you are too scared you idiot. I lost more in the merger than I did in Delta's forced bankruptcy. My monthly paycheck has been higher every month since Jan 1st when the bankruptcy rates took effect. Yes, I have been working more but what effected me most was being screwed by ALPA in the Seniority list integration. How will this effect me? Well, unless some tools like you who talk crap will under bid us, I expect to have a higher QOL in the near future as Delta gives us even more planes while I search for a new job. Most of us voted yes to give us more time to find another job as Pinnacle will not be around as there is no way they can support the flying as they will not attract any new hires with this contract. I dont know who you work for, but I assume you are a Skywest inc pilot maybe? Have fun voting on your new pay rates to meet Deltas requirements for being the second lowest cost carrier. Oh, crap. thats right they will just tell you to take a cut and you can cry about it on here. No one was crying foul when Skywest came in to MSP to set up Delta for being ready to close down Pinnacle and Mesaba's Saabs.

oh and my fear as you call it was sound decision making for the circumstances that presented itself. Delta shut down Comair and they paid over a billion dollars for them just to accomplish their goal of getting rid of CRJ 200's. if you think it was because the Delta pilots wanted the 200's gone, you are an idiot as the 200's were leaving no matter what and Delta started early negotiations with their pilots to get what they wanted-scope relief in some form and a way to rid themselves of the 200 and their in the "red" maintenance bill coming up very soon. Delta could have increased block hours on mainline, sky west, and every other carrier to more than make up for Pinnacle being parked and replaced. They would have had a full year or two to shut down pinnacle and this before all the significant hiring? Like I said, unless ALPA or someone paid my mortgage and fed my kids, kiss my backside I will vote for my family as I was never in the "stay at Pinnacle Business" from the beginning. The company is beyond fixing as they cannot even figure out how to answer their phones or transfer those same phones without accidentally hanging up on someone trying to fix an issue that would cause multiple cancelations. Seriously, its screwed. I just cannot wait for Delta to give up and take over scheduling and when that happens-Hello Railway Labor Act

That would be through the new union, just as it is currently done through ALPA.

Great idea! Problem solved! :rolleyes: Except, not really. What you don't seem to understand is that those mainline pilots who you think are your enemy are actually the guys subsidizing your own MEC. Because your regional airline salaries don't bring in enough dues revenue to pay for their own union.

So yeah, if you want to replace ALPA with a regional only union, go right ahead. Jack the dues rate up to 6%, try to build an experienced staff from scratch, and try to build all of those government relationships from scratch that you'll need. Let me know how that works out for you.

Latest resources

Back