• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey regional pilots - DUMP ALPA!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How can that be a good idea? The same scoundrels will beat off with the dues?!? I don't think huntason will be able to go back to apple bee's 8oz frozen steak. Im talking about the 9E union clowns.

Hey, ALPA has helped outsource so many mainline routes and larger jets to the so called regionals you should be thanking them. In fact ALPA should double your dues! I kid of course.

ALPA not caring about regionals is nothing new. They never have cared about them other than collecting their cut of the regional paychecks. That's because regionals have always been a stepping stone in this industry and the only reason their apathy is showing now is because of the painful stagnation. But don't worry. Once everything is no longer stagnant no one will care again... Including folks like myself, who will leave and one day not give a sht what happens to regionals.

I've been saying this for years. A regional pilots union with a national seniority list. The ability to leave one regional and go to another, taking your seniority, with you will mitigate a lot of the whip sawing issues.

CEO: "If you guys don't take a pay cut to keep costs down we will loose flying to another regional".

Pilot: "If that happens they will need more pilots. I'll just go to work for them and plug into their list wherever my number on the national list puts me."

Yeah....what's up with the sunglasses on top of the cranium????....even well past sunset. Hey Commander of the RJ....ever heard of a sun-glass case?

So if you dump ALPA how do you fund the services that they DO provide?
If you don't know then THERE is your problem.

So if you dump ALPA how do you fund the services that they DO provide?
If you don't know then THERE is your problem.

That would be through the new union, just as it is currently done through ALPA.

The only fix for the problem is for mainline pilots to not allow any regional outsourcing of there flying. The problem is they don't care enough about the problem to do what it takes to fix it.

As a former regional pilot with a few airlines I can state ALPA does not have your best interest at hand. Time for a super regional airline union which represents the pilots. An impending pilot shortage in a few years combined with new restrictions on hiring. Use this leverage to improve ALL pilots QOL. How about a master seniority list? Think outside the box, as your CEO's will try and keep you in it.

Every month I still get that stupid magazine from ALPA make me pissed on how I was screwed by them.

Get mad and Rise Up!!

You might as well keep ALPA, its more likely that the major airlines will dump them first.

Wow! Anyone see that letter from an ALPA VP sent to the Eagle MEC? It's over on APC. Eagle MEC voted to turn down the B scale proposal from Airways & Parker. Rest of us regionals need to step up next when it's our turn. ASA MEC sure ain't looking out for us lowly line pukes.

Latest resources

Back