Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkercpt

oh crap! Now what?
If/when a merger/aquisition of Flight Options were to take place, how would the Options pilots fall in the seniority? Go right to the bottom? By origional date of hire? Would it make a difference if Options were organized or not? Just curious how this would work. Besides it will help keep the rumor alive.

gunfyter said:

Or something like AA/TWA merger.

AMEN: 6:1 Staple [10:1 if I have a say!!

I will probably get grief for this...but what the heck.....When I'm on the road I'm nice and friendly to everyone. However the Options crews are by far the most anal-retentive pilots I know; half the time I won't even get a response if I say hello.

From the FX crews I at least get a: "Go the hell"

Just my observation!

PS: Buy-out/Merger will never happen

I agree most of the guys have been great to talk to.. And for you pric@@ who are too cool to talk to anyone else lighten up!! Where I'm from garbage men make more then you do so stop having egos and talk to people!! If you make big bucks and still want to give someone an attitude..fine..it's not right but maybe slightly more understandable!! But when a garbage man on Long Island makes more than you, you really have nothing to be self-centered about..BBBIIAATTCCHHEEEESSSSSS

Gunfyter is right on with his answer.

Non union ---> staple to the bottom.

Last minute union -----> date of hire based on the first day union dues are paid. Which means staple to the bottom.

Sorry, the truth can suck.

Now what to do with those NJI guys.............

I'm afraid those NJI guys, would have upper mgt on their side, expect a sweet deal.

You think mgt gives a rats ass about any of us (NJA or NJI)???? If we ever combine list's at NJ, I don't see NJI getting to much special treatment. Hell they would be about to be UNION. You think mgt wants to help new shop workers???

And just to stir the pot a little.
Staple their non unions butts to the bottom.
But hey, I would support seat protection for them. I don't have much intrest in the G right now. I still have a 2 hour ass.

hey as214 once you realize the only island you live on is fire island why don't you back off. We know you stood your ground at comair but your talk is all papa smurf.....

I agree FLOPS staple to the bottom. Just because they decided to vote union it would be by union date of hire. Staple to the bottom. It's not my problem we bought you out. By the way we would by FLOPs not merge with them.

Now if NJI were to merge they would at least get staple to the bottom but the bottom the FO at NJI would get upraded to Capt. before there is an NJA would be able to upgrade. That's just a thought for fairness. IF it was up to me every NJI guy would be stapled to the bottom. They won't even talk to us on the crew bus.

Hi guy's,
how to you expect to work with a good spirit for the same company with such a difference you give between union and non union pilots? Are you all pilots or what?
What about the experience of pilot joining a merged company?
Remember what managment likes the most: divide to reign supreme.........

Safe flights to all.

If some of you NJ folks thinks this would be your fast track to captain, think again. Stapling FLOPS to the bottom will open one big can of worms....way beyond what you can think of now. If this happens, the resulting animosity would probably tear the company apart. Don't be too hasty and think hard........real hard.

Latest resources

Back