Hey Mesaba drivers!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Chadap,
That kinda stinks when they give the run around like that, but they probably don't know what the heck is going to happen either. I think Northwest is a little miffed about the buyout incident last year that did not happen...It seems since that time, Pinnacle has been getting busier and Mesaba getting slower.

Glad to hear you got on with ACA I think you will be happy there. I faxed a resume about two weeks ago to them. Good Luck anf thanks for the info.

av8br

looking for someone

Sorry to change the subject, but i'm looking for Mike Baummer. Last I knew, he was a saab fo. Probably a capt by now. If anyone knows him, could you let him know that Frank from college is looking for him and let him know my name on here.

Thanks.

A few weeks ago it came to light that our CEO just got a 36% pay raise (one year, not spread out over 4) "in light of how he has handled things since Sept. 11th."
Last week they officially announced 50 furloughs, the same 50 or so that were furloughed last year. Now they will be furloughed twice by the same company. Management told our ALPA guys that this round would probably go up to 100 if they don't get 8 people a month quitting, which they won't. They closed CWA and RHI, and I know quite a few folks who had bought houses there and were raising their families there. I don't know how the CEO sleeps at night.
All in all guys, if you are looking for a job don't hold your breath for us. Even if we get an air willy contract, we still have management that's willing to take huge pay raises while they furlough FO's, many of which have wives and kids. I wish I had better news, but there just isn't any. Last night I rode the bus with one of my friends, just a year or so junior to me. He's been a ready reserve captain for 14 months, got 300 hours PIC, and now will get bumped back down to FO. A good line as an FO, I'd guess, but not much consolation.

The latest buzz has it that there is going to be a mass exodus of junior FOs (not just the furloughed FOs) going to other companies (Comair, ACA, and Air Wisconsin)......... which will cause even more CA to FO displacements as we run out of FOs.

Last edited:
Pointless, 2425?
OK, I'm calm now. Let me clarify.
When times are good, and the company is doing well, sure, triple the dudes pay. He comes on in 1999 and says he wants to double the size of the company in two years, great. If we had 2000 pilots and the stock was at $30 pre 9/11, and we continued to grow post 9/11 like other regionals, I would be the first to say the dude needs a raise. Get it?
You asked, here's the answer. I would not take a raise when I am also putting at least 50-100 people out on the street at the same time. It crosses the line of morality. If we can't afford 18,000 for an FO than we sure as heck can't afford (base salary alone) of 640,000 for him. That's 36 FO's right there. Hmmm, .......
Am I alone here or does anyone else agree with me?

Don't blow a gasket PT!!!

You can lead a donkey to the Kool Aid... but you can't make them drink.

OAK :)

We here at Mesaba need to start thinking about other work options other than Mesaba. Our "Crown Jewell" of the company will become a worthless piece of rock here shortly. I can only think of one word. (it takes three of them in baseball to cause an out)

First of all, for the record, I would proudly stand beside my fellow Mesaba pilots and strike in a second. That said, being near the bottom of the pole here and seeing my number come up after nearly 2 years, I feel it's time to move on before I get the ax and put my family in jeopardy. I just got the call today from Air Wis and will be starting class on Sept. 23. It's really a shame what things have come to since I joined Mesaba. What used to be such a great place to work has now done a 180 the only good thing about working there is the great pilot group that they have. By far the toughest part of my decision to leave are the friends and co-workers that I enjoyed working with so much. I wish everyone the best and would be happy to help any of my fellow pilots here at Mesaba in getting on with Air Wis if they are interested. Good luck everyone, and take care!

Latest resources

Back