• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey IAHERJ, look at the article dated TODAY--April 15th--UAL and CAL talking

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wow, go enjoy that. How many 70 seaters or higher does UAL have? How many will your combination have? You can't just dump 100 E170s or CR7s all at once. But, maybe your Colgan DH8-400s can go into Aspen now. Too bad for SkyWest. Good luck pal.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Actually it's quite possible to dump a large number of those aircraft into the open market or dessert. Anything is negoitable. CAL has the new aircraft orders to offset parking some of those aircraft, route overlap and route elimination, substitution of Republic/Skywest 50 seaters for 70/90 seaters to other code share airlines, etc. Granted it would not be an immediate thing but just because UAL allows it does not mean a CAL/UAL merger would allow it.

The last thing to consider is CAL/UAL flying those aircraft under a new negoiated merger contract. We still hold the cards for the pacific JV that must come to fruition by January or the entire thing is axed.

Actually it's quite possible to dump a large number of those aircraft into the open market or dessert. Anything is negoitable. CAL has the new aircraft orders to offset parking some of those aircraft, route overlap and route elimination, substitution of Republic/Skywest 50 seaters for 70/90 seaters to other code share airlines, etc. Granted it would not be an immediate thing but just because UAL allows it does not mean a CAL/UAL merger would allow it.

The last thing to consider is CAL/UAL flying those aircraft under a new negoiated merger contract. We still hold the cards for the pacific JV that must come to fruition by January or the entire thing is axed.

Now that...I LIKE!!!!

Are you okay? Seriously. You start an entire thread aimed at pointing out a possible negative situation at another airline(once again, CAL). When people shoot back you retreat into your "well, I fly to some neat destinations" security blanket. Again, you work for the largest airline in the World! You fly a large aircraft! I'm sure the regional guys around ATL envy your big plane and great destinations. Show me a single thread/post in which I wished ill will towards either the pilots of NWA or DAL when you guys announced merger talks. You will not find one. What is your deal? I hope you are okay..

Nope-

The Gen is not O.K. Not by a long shot.

Are you okay? Seriously. You start an entire thread aimed at pointing out a possible negative situation at another airline(once again, CAL). When people shoot back you retreat into your "well, I fly to some neat destinations" security blanket. Again, you work for the largest airline in the World! You fly a large aircraft! I'm sure the regional guys around ATL envy your big plane and great destinations. Show me a single thread/post in which I wished ill will towards either the pilots of NWA or DAL when you guys announced merger talks. You will not find one. What is your deal? I hope you are okay..

Why do you respond to him?? If you ignore him he will get bored, gather up his toys, and go away.

Latest resources

Back