Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey Eagle WTF is up with the ERJ Struts!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BrickTop

I'm always grateful for a ride home and to work on Eagle and the crews are always very pleasant. I usually end up in an exit row or somewhere over the spar and have progressively noticed a hideous squeaking and banging from the landing gear. I used to fly the ERJ for CHQ and we never had this much noise coming from the struts except when deplaning as load is released on the gear. It sounds like old dried out poly bushings on a rusted boat trailer. The noise has become normal to me but it seems to get worse every week.

I'm always grateful for a ride home and to work on Eagle and the crews are always very pleasant. I usually end up in an exit row or somewhere over the spar and have progressively noticed a hideous squeaking and banging from the landing gear. I used to fly the ERJ for CHQ and we never had this much noise coming from the struts except when deplaning as load is released on the gear. It sounds like old dried out poly bushings on a rusted boat trailer. The noise has become normal to me but it seems to get worse every week.
CHQ'S are the worse.

It's normal. They're also handy when you have a hard landing. I had one and one of the pax as he was walking out said something like the struts are horrible on this airplane. LOL.

That noise can't be heard up front. It makes it hard to write something up when you don't know that it's happening.

Thats what the iPod is for!

Kinda hard to hear creaking from row 12 when you're rockin' out to some Chili Peppers!

The TSA did it.

seriously, I ride CHQ and XJT home a LOT... always does it. (almost always) very typical of the ERJs.

(P.S. thnx to those who are getting me home every week)

Too little coconut oil.... Those beaners have no idea how to build an airplane!

Latest resources

Back