• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey delta guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That crybaby 2000 hire F/O, Tim Caplinger, who just happens to be my best friend, is at least trying to do something about the cancer on the industry and Delta itself that is ALPA and their policy of playing on both sides. He doesn't think he got screwed, he knows he got screwed, and the rest of you too when ALPA started representing the regional airlines that are taking away your flying. It's not about any personal agenda, it's about making Delta a better place to work and Delta pilots looking after Delta pilots, not subsidizing regionals. If you knew the guy, you would know he is a selfless, motivated hard worker trying to improve his and your career. But since you don't know him, you badmouth him on an anonymous board. Further proof that you're an ***********************************.

PW

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Don't talk about my friend that way....Whaaaaaaaaaaa!

Go send DPA some of your hard earned money, they need all the help they can get with a lawfirm like Seham behind them. Frank Lorenzo is real proud of you morons!

:crying::crying:

So if DPA gets in are THEY going to hold the line with scope?

"7. Freedom to take back flying without fear of lawsuits from the regional carriers who share membership in ALPA with us."

Sounds like a lot of crybaby crap to me.

Well whatever, looks like the regionals will be around for a long time to come. Thanks guys.

That crybaby 2000 hire F/O, Tim Caplinger, who just happens to be my best friend, is at least trying to do something about the cancer on the industry and Delta itself that is ALPA and their policy of playing on both sides. He doesn't think he got screwed, he knows he got screwed, and the rest of you too when ALPA started representing the regional airlines that are taking away your flying. It's not about any personal agenda, it's about making Delta a better place to work and Delta pilots looking after Delta pilots, not subsidizing regionals. If you knew the guy, you would know he is a selfless, motivated hard worker trying to improve his and your career. But since you don't know him, you badmouth him on an anonymous board. Further proof that you're an ***********************************.

PW

Hey Woody....

I don't care if he's your Dad......

You want to cut out a "Cancer" then you need to be a Doctor. Plain and simple. This clown acts like he knows a thing or two about ALPA and I bet he couldn't find Herndon let alone his own MEC office. This is pure amateur hour and you can join him.....when you are done you can run down to South Beach and give out free BJs so you can get your dignity back.

Call me what you like but I know when money is wasted and sending him money is something I could have given to a good charity instead.

Hey Woody....

I don't care if he's your Dad......

You want to cut out a "Cancer" then you need to be a Doctor. Plain and simple. This clown acts like he knows a thing or two about ALPA and I bet he couldn't find Herndon let alone his own MEC office. This is pure amateur hour and you can join him.....when you are done you can run down to South Beach and give out free BJs so you can get your dignity back.

Call me what you like but I know when money is wasted and sending him money is something I could have given to a good charity instead.

I would reference this as even more proof that you're a jackass, but it's unnecessary. Kind of like saying we need more proof that the sun is gonna come up in the East. Good luck with your next bankruptcy/furlough.

Thanks for the sentiments....you are acting like his garbage alternative to ALPA, just poke holes and make accusations but never have a sane argument or solution....

I'm done with you pal....OBTW...Your buddy will be WELL ahead of me in the BK furlough line.....but I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Don't talk about my friend that way....Whaaaaaaaaaaa!

Go send DPA some of your hard earned money, they need all the help they can get with a lawfirm like Seham behind them. Frank Lorenzo is real proud of you morons!

:crying::crying:

You got it Scope....just tools for the Lorenzo crowd playing into their hands with promises of super-great things when he takes over......

DPA=DOA.....nothing to see here people.

Scare tactics are so much fun!

ALPA is an association of independent unions. We are not all one union with the same goal. That is a big problem. If one of the regionals in that association makes a gain such as bigger aircraft or more flying, that gain is made at the expense of the mainline it serves. And vise versa. Explain how unity will solve that problem.

Exactly.
You have 5 different ALPA represented regionals flying all the same airframe for different pay.
These union brothers have all taken pay cuts to get more flying and bigger airplanes, all being taken away from their ALPA brothers at Mainline.
Now THAT'S UNITY!

The DPA was grown out of frustration. There are a few thousand members now (out of 12K pilots), and it seems to be growing, slowly. I don't know if it will survive, but I think it has caught the eye of ALPA and DALPA, and they do need to realize that they (DALPA) need to focus on the DL pilots' careers and enhancements, and not the RJ pilots'.

Bye Bye--General Lee

This is not a slam but reality. But when has DALPA not looked out for their own well being. Just a thank you from a guy who has been on the wrong end of a broken promise from DALPA's lack of support

An independent union and the downfall of ALPA is probably one of the dumbest things things this industry can do. Yes, ALPA has some warts, but at the end of the day unity of ALPA's level is needed for what is over the next hill or two. A group of independents will never have the power of ALPA. Plain and simple.

We cannot get the next events wrong, and trying to complete the power building of independents is not what we need to be focusing on.

ACL... I am surprissed by your defense of ALPA especially after what happened to you in Feb.... ALPA has a lot of issues. The cons are greater than the pros. Can DPA fix them? Maybe, maybe not.

ACL... I am surprissed by your defense of ALPA especially after what happened to you in Feb.... ALPA has a lot of issues. The cons are greater than the pros. Can DPA fix them? Maybe, maybe not.

What Happened to me? Really? Or profession and its defense is not about what is best for me, but what is best for all of us. No one should ever take anything personally, and I surely do not.

I defend ALPA because it has the best structure to defend our profession. Many people bring up issues with ALPA, but they all seem to be people issues. Of the ones that are structural in nature, all can be fixed with the mechanisms already in place. It just takes determination and effort.

If anything, DPA is taking an important check and balance out of the process. Frankly, with 2000 pilots, this group could organize and make effective change within the current structure. Why they have not thought of this is beyond me. DPA has some valid points. They could work though the process, and organization that has, bar none, the best chance of success and make it better. The idea of tearing down an organization is a last ditch effort, and many of the guys I know that support DPA, have never tried within the confines of ALPA. The whole idea just makes me very worried with everything that we have coming at us. Again, us as a profession, not me as a pilot or a volunteer.

Latest resources

Back