Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RampTower

Ol 366PX, the ditch b!tch
At their job listings, I noticed that they (re)posted their "Pilot I" position as of 12/15/05. Before that, there was a post as of 10/22/05. So what exactly does that mean? Did they not interview/hire pilot(s) for the 10/22 posting so they needed to repost the same position? Just wondering if anyone here knows the inside scoop.

RampTower said:
At their job listings, I noticed that they (re)posted their "Pilot I" position as of 12/15/05. Before that, there was a post as of 10/22/05. So what exactly does that mean? Did they not interview/hire pilot(s) for the 10/22 posting so they needed to repost the same position? Just wondering if anyone here knows the inside scoop.

My gut says they probably made a few offers but were turned down after pilots realized the cost of living in Silicon Valley.

They've lost 6 of 21 pilots in the last 6 months. Not because of cost of living, either...TC

Z_Pilot said:
Care to elaborate?

Z

No, I believe that about says it all. Go there if you want.

A 25% attrition rate from a F500 GV operator in that time period says a lot.TC

AA717driver said:
No, I believe that about says it all. Go there if you want.

A 25% attrition rate from a F500 GV operator in that time period says a lot.TC
Lots of people go there, thinking it's great job, a GV for a F50 company, once they realize the department needs "leadership", people that can find other jobs leave.

Probably no shortage of people in the Bay Area looking to grab the "brass ring".TC

AA717driver said:
Probably no shortage of people in the Bay Area looking to grab the "brass ring".TC

There are a lot of "brass ring" jobs on that are discussed on this board. It is funny how the best jobs going are often for people that you have never heard of.

Latest resources

Back