• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here's a strange one...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They found him, still wearing skydiving gear, at a hotel. He was wet up to the knees and tried to explain it as a canoe accident.
He should have made sure he had enough fuel to reach the gulf, then the missing body could have been explained away as floating free from the wreckage.

They found him, still wearing skydiving gear, at a hotel. He was wet up to the knees and tried to explain it as a canoe accident.
He should have made sure he had enough fuel to reach the gulf, then the missing body could have been explained away as floating free from the wreckage.

Guilt by reason of stupidity?

Can you imagine the looks on their faces when THIS call came in to the FSDO??

The type confused me a bit too. Latest revision of the story describes it as a 6 seat PA-36. Last time I checked, ag planes only have 1 seat and it's not all that luxurious. I'm sure it's just a typo where the author meant PA-46, but it's still rather amusing.

My guess is that he calculated his fuel poorly. I am sure he intended it to crash in the Gulf. He would be pretty sure that he would be presumed dead and no one would salvage the plane.

Latest resources

Back