• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here's a strange one...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many miles short of a Gulf splashdown was he? If the plane went down in the panhandle, I'm guessing it wasn't too terribly far from the water.

I'd bet if he'd uploaded another 10 or 15 gallons he would have pulled this off.

I'd bet if he'd uploaded another 10 or 15 gallons he would have pulled this off.
I don't know. Even with the plane in the water, they still had the Alabama police sighting him with wet pants to the knees, the Alabama motel with the real name drivers license check in, the email to the friend after the event, the intercept sighting of the open door in flight, etc.

This guy is a loser!

He NEVER competed in the Extra, just "bought" it and played airshow pilot (WOW! He flew STRAIGHT and LEVEL under a Bridge!)

His wife looks like a gold digger, now she is an ex-wife. What a loser!

10,000+ hours! yeah....right!

"Unlimited Airshow pilot" what a crock!

How many miles short of a Gulf splashdown was he? If the plane went down in the panhandle, I'm guessing it wasn't too terribly far from the water.

I'd like to know if the plane ran out of gas or if the AP disconnected in flight.

His plane ended up 19 miles short of the Gulf......should have done it near the Texas//Mexico border.......complete dumba$$....

S

I don't know. Even with the plane in the water, they still had the Alabama police sighting him with wet pants to the knees, the Alabama motel with the real name drivers license check in, the email to the friend after the event, the intercept sighting of the open door in flight, etc.

Yeah you're probably right on that one. I'm just thinking that if the Malibu had gone into the drink, investigating the wreckage to find that the window hadn't imploded and there wasn't any gore all over the place would have been a lot more difficult. I agree that if he'd really wanted to get away with this he should have done it near the TexMex border, but it's likely that the DEA would have been all over his butt.

Meh, who knows. All I can say is that we can safely file this one under "You can't make this $#!~ up."

Latest resources

Back