Here's a strange one...

WMUchickenhawk

Total Time
They found him, still wearing skydiving gear, at a hotel. He was wet up to the knees and tried to explain it as a canoe accident.
He should have made sure he had enough fuel to reach the gulf, then the missing body could have been explained away as floating free from the wreckage.

Fearless Tower

Total Time
some
They found him, still wearing skydiving gear, at a hotel. He was wet up to the knees and tried to explain it as a canoe accident.
He should have made sure he had enough fuel to reach the gulf, then the missing body could have been explained away as floating free from the wreckage.

Guilt by reason of stupidity?

Princedietrich

Retired Starchecker
Total Time
Enough
Can you imagine the looks on their faces when THIS call came in to the FSDO??

The type confused me a bit too. Latest revision of the story describes it as a 6 seat PA-36. Last time I checked, ag planes only have 1 seat and it's not all that luxurious. I'm sure it's just a typo where the author meant PA-46, but it's still rather amusing.

KigAir

Viva France!
Total Time
Now it looks like the guy was being investigated for securities fraud.

embpic1

Total Time
>10000
My guess is that he calculated his fuel poorly. I am sure he intended it to crash in the Gulf. He would be pretty sure that he would be presumed dead and no one would salvage the plane.

embpic1

Total Time
>10000
The truly sad thing is when I first saw that picture I thought "What a waste of such a nice plane". Then I came to my senses and came to the realization that I would also hit that.

milky

Makin' the switch soon
Total Time
100+
That MotherFuc|<er's plane landed less than 3 miles from where my wife and daughter are living. I might have to find out where I can accidentally let a Mk-84 stage its own death.