• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here is goes...leave CMR for Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Say you finish a trip at 4 in the afternoon. The company tells you that you will be starting you next trip at 10 am the next morning. So far, so good. But according to our contract the company can (and often does) call you out ten hours later (at 2 am) for a trip. So what do you do? Do you go to sleep at 4 (assuming that you can) in order to be awake for 2 or plan to sleep later for the 10 show? The problem is that your14 hours of duty commence when the company calls you, not at the end of your rest period.

If they call you at 2 its possible that you may not have had sufficient sleep. Now let’s say you go to sleep immediately and awake at 2 am but you don’t start until 10. Now its possible for you to be awake for 22 hours (8 + 14) before you next rest period.

Ozpilot,

Not sure I understand this scenario. Under 91k, if you were briefed for a 10am show, that IS your show. The company can call you at the end of your 10hr rest, but you are not obligated to answer pager or phone to accept the new brief.

The example you gave was the way we used to operate pre 91k. Part 91k has been the single best improvement for Netjets QOL in my five years there.

FracCapt said:
I hope you meant that in jest. The fact that so many people want to fly the Cit X just because it is the fastest bizjet in existance is certainly not a help to the pilots of NJA when it comes to negotiations for their new contract. I always have to laugh at the people that think they are cool because they fly the CX, or the DA2000, or a GV....they're pilots, plain and simple. Some get paid more than others. Some have more time than others. I could fly any airplane at Flight Options, but I have no desire to fly a GIV, Legacy, Challenger, etc., just because of the type. I care about 1) Schedule(pretty simple, we're all on the same sched here) and 2) Pay(to go to any airframe besides Hawker I would be an SIC, therefore a pay cut). If Flight Options offered to pay me 100k a year to fly a C172....I'd be all over it! Keep me flying(something), pay me well, and give me a good schedule...and I'll be a happy camper.

Man who thinks it COOL to fly the X???????? 2000 hours later in it for NJA and I can tell you all we do it work harder. It breaks alot, the X was not made to fly 1500-2000 per plane a year. So when it breaks your back on xyz airline to another plane. We never sit in the X. If you have a good plane you will fly and I mean fly all day. Id like to meet the guy who thinks life in the X is so great.

Gordon24,

Leaving all opinions aside whay haven't you apllied to NJA? You wont know until you try and I know we need pilots. We have tons of Comair guys here so try and contact one of them, I am sure many would be willing to help you.

Also, with a 6 month old baby make sure you know what you are getting into. This is not a negative towards NJA just be sure you have spoken with lots of NJA pilots so you have an accurate depiction of life as a frax pilot.

Mach92 said:
Man who thinks it COOL to fly the X???????? 2000 hours later in it for NJA and I can tell you all we do it work harder. It breaks alot, the X was not made to fly 1500-2000 per plane a year. So when it breaks your back on xyz airline to another plane. We never sit in the X. If you have a good plane you will fly and I mean fly all day. Id like to meet the guy who thinks life in the X is so great.

Trust me dude, I've run into MANY NJA pilots that think it's COOL to fly the X because it's "the fastest bizjet in existence". If you read my post, you realize that I feel the same as you....that it's pretty sad that guys feel it's cool as hell to fly the "fastest bizjet" rather than care about QOL. Granted, 95% of the guys I've met that feel that way are low timers or fairly new to the X...but, occasionally, you run into those that have been doing it for quite a while and STILL think it's the coolest thing in the world.

BTW....who resurrected this year old thread, and why?!?!

No, the stripes confuse prey...

TrumanSparks said:
General-

It's the stripes that make it look fast.

They stripes disorient prey and may even make them nausious.

Example, let's say a lion is hungry and decides to chase a zebra. While giving persuit, she becomes disoriented and confused. Nausia sets in and before you know, the lion has to pull over before she hurls.

So it looks like wildabeast for lunch, again!

Yeah, but those gamma rays are killin' ya

Heavy Set said:
Yeah, but at the end of the day, you're flying at 0.92 mach and leaving everyone else in your dust... Wave goodbye to the CRJs, 737s and 757s way below.

I don't remember you having a birth mark on your cheek???!!!

Latest resources

Back