Hendrick Motorsports plane down?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rajflyboy said:
I would be willing to bet that Tony's helicopter pilot positioned the helicopter up there on thursday or friday....... went back to clt for the weekend and was heading back up Sunday afternoon to prepare for the trip back to Concord This evening in the chopper!

thank you sir,

3 5 0

I've been there once, on a day just like today, shot the LOC/DME and went missed then ended up in Danville. Man they really hit home now and then don't they????

A sad day indeed.

There is a lot of terrain west of the airport. One early descent, or misposition of a GPS/VOR switch, and that's all she wrote.

Hello,

I've flown into Martinsville, VA a few times the past two years in the capacity of a flight instructor. It's not a particularly demading airport from a CFIT standpoint compared to Roanoke or Blacksburg. However, it does have Radar coverage from Greensboro TRACON. Ironically, the airport has been surveyed and approved for a full ILS installation. Perhaps this unfortunate accident will be a catalyst to finally move a portion of roadway that has held up the project.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Word on the street is that the published missed was not flown.
Did Ms. Cleo tell you that??

I think it's a bit early and disrespectful to the dead to make a comment like that.

For what it's worth, the local news was saying that they were under VFR rules at the time of the accident. Implying that they doing a visual approach. However given the medias "attention" to detail that is very suspect.

CHPERPLT,

I don't see it as disrespect. It is pretty obvious that they were not on the published missed.....If they had been they would not have hit the mountian!!

Why were they not on the published missed? That is the unanswered question that the NTSB will have to figure out.

KeroseneSnorter,

He still apparently has a bug up his a$$ from a previous debate with me over garbage and nonsense so that is where this post came from. I guess he doesn't let things go too easily.

As you stated it was not disrespectful at all and it wasn't intended to come across as such which it didn't , it was merely information that a friend passed on to me who is based at KJQF and who knew these folks. Apparently this came from another crew that followed them in, take it for what it is worth, nothing more and nothing less.

I don't know about the "VFR" at the time report, could be true but it sounded as if others had to divert to Danville.

God Bless all those folks.

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back