Help: Shuttle America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And here's the best part...

Noone but the CP 'round this way REALLY knows why this guy's employment offer was rescinded... It just APPEARS from what's happened that it was the posts in question. As I am not the CP I came to my own conclusions, as did more than one other person on here, RJ included.

Re: And here's the best part...

I.P. Freley said:
Is your company crappy, too?

See how this works? Fun, innit?

I'll stick with ACA for now. You keep up signing those releases for Shuttle America as they try to cut your pay. Meanwhile sitting next to new hires that already have a bad taste in their mouth because they kept their "mouth shut". Yeah, this is kinda fun... hehe The new hires we sit next to are pretty excited to be here... geee, wonder why that is?

And no, ACA doesnt pull the kind of crap done over at Shuttle America. We certainly wouldnt "revoke" a hiring status based on an internet post without talking to the individual first or offering some type of explaination.

I.P. Freley said:
Noone but the CP 'round this way REALLY knows why this guy's employment offer was rescinded... It just APPEARS from what's happened that it was the posts in question. As I am not the CP I came to my own conclusions, as did more than one other person on here, RJ included.

You may want to READ your own posts...lol.. can someone say "backpeddling"? If the CP didnt revoke his status due to the posts as you have suggested, i may suggest he give you a see-me note just for implicating him on the internet, or as you like to put it, "just like in real life"...lol you need to get out more bro... and yes, lawsuits have happened for ALOT less. Did you know there are more attorney's on the street than in law school? All itching for work. It may not make a dent, but it wont make life pleasant.

"Did you know there are more attorney's on the street than in law school?"

Um, isn't that supposed to be reversed? I think it's supposed to say that there are more people in law school than there are practicing lawyers.

Besides, I'm not sure what your point is. I'm sure you know that conditional offers of employment can be and often are revoked for no apparent reason. Waste all the money you want on a frivolous lawsuit, you won't see it changed. What next? Suing a company for an unsuccesful interview? That's ridiculous. Until you are on the seniority list, it is imperative to keep your head down. Why give them an excuse to rescind your conditional employment offer? It is utterly naive to assume that companies don't read internet message boards looking for information. Especially in a case where it is obvious who it is that is posting (using your real name, total time, aircraft flown, and specific dates tells your potential employer EXACTLY who you are!) I've seen a number of people I could identify specifically because of the background they listed on this website coupled with their screenname. Aviation is too small an industry to assume you can maintain anonymity on such a public forum.

To the thread-starter, it's really a shame that you lost this opportunity. It doesn't seem fair. But you have to understand that this is really not an uncommon occurence. Hopefully, you and others will learn from this experience. And keep the company bashing (especially when seeking employment!) to a minimum.

RJ... I ask again, why are you so personally offended by this? Do you often take a story of one occurrence to paint an entire company any way you see fit?

So let's see what I have culled so far from your enlightening posts... Filling in a few blanks, of course, and taking some points to a slightly illogical conclusion (in keeping with the spirit of the bulk of your "points").

1- You are in the minds of the pilots at Shuttle, and specifically the new-hires, and you know that they are scared to "speak up"... We all want to bad-mouth the company but are afraid to.

2- Every new-hire at ACA is happy, and certainly happier than they are here. They do all end up p-o'd and post truly angry things on an ALPA message board, however.

3- You personally know everything that goes on in the ACA CP's office, and they have never done anything to offend any of their pilots, have never revoked an offer of employment, and they don't "pull that kind of crap". I hope you will be kind enough to tell us how it is that you know this.

4- ACA personally calls each interviewee that didn't get hired and tells them why they didn't get it, because they are afraid of getting sued.

5- Any suggestion of pay cuts makes an airline a bad place. I am sure that this would never happen at ACA if THEY were suffering, and it never has happened at any OTHER airline. United pilots may be facing a pay cut twice as severe as our threatened pay cut, so I guess they are twice the joke that we are.

6- Since this happened to one person, it happens to every person at Shuttle America.

7- A company that cancels a ground school and postpones it until a further date is a "joke." Furthermore, if a company postpones a ground school, the company should call all of the persons individually and tell them WHY, because.....

8- .....every person offered a class date is entitled access to all the same company information that the actual employees are, and possibly more, since the current pilots were not told why the class was cancelled. In fact, poolies are to be treated as absolute equals to current line pilots.

9- Because the CP at this company reads this board, he also uses the Weather Channel to get WX briefings. Yep, right there in the OpSpecs. Naturally the management at ACA that reads the ALPA board postings does NOT use the Weather Channel, because it is not in YOUR OpSpecs. Only joke companies use the Weather Channel.

10- If the CP or anyone in management at ACA were to face this exact situation themselves, they would have no problem bringing someone on board for a ground school who criticizes the company on a public forum before they even start class... but then they wouldn't have to, since everyone they hire is happy.

11- You might want to start a rumble with me, if your vaguely threatening first post is to be interpreted correctly.

You are right about one thing, though, I AM backpedaling because I am not absolutely positive that the offending posts were the single reason his offer of employment was revoked, though I do know that the CP read them. That was an assumption on my part and I should have made that clear.

In any event, since you were helpful enough to suggest that I should get out more, I will merely point out that it is YOU who has absolutely zero involvement in this issue and you do seem to have taken a lot of time to go out of your way to insult the company I work for. You are of course entitled to your opinions, however inflammatory and largely ill-informed they may be. I'm glad you are happy over there at ACA, and I hope it really is a great place to work as I know a few people who are either in ground school now or are waiting on their class date (notice, strangely, that I didn't call YOUR company a joke on the basis of a few of my frustrated friends' agonizing wait for a date). I understand that you enjoy bashing my company... Perhaps you and Mckpickle could get together and go bowling, at least you'd have a lot in common in THAT regard. Blanket generalizations based upon one occurrence (real or imagined) are easy and don't require much thought, and you are certainly not the first I have run across who likes to make a sport out of belittling Shuttle America (or any other company for that matter).

Bluto said:
What next? Suing a company for an unsuccesful interview? That's ridiculous.

next?? lol.. it happens daily.. Ever since Affimative action, Womens rights or any of the million other civil rights you care to explore. If he has something in writing with a conditional offer, i bet it doesnt say anything about internet message boards. I would bet it has everything to do with training and background checks. I know, i seen em, ACA hands them out also. Look, im not saying what this guy did is right or wrong. But having a conditional offer revoked because of an internet post? Anyone anywhere at anytime can use anyone elses name to register and post on an internet message board. Those include people that can be close to one another which may have a personal vendeta. Get it? I suppose if you anger your wife and she puts pot in your brownies, calls your CP telling him she saw you smoking pot, you get piss tested and fired, you will feel you deserved it? Without a chance for you to explain? (This actually has happened by the way) This guy was given absolutely zero opportunity to validate his comments. He had his hiring status revoked due to hear-say (as others on this board have suggested) without validation. Most professional companies, after giving you a conditional offer, will give an explaination. It even happens at ACA. Im thinking the explaination wasnt given due to the fact it was recinded by an internet message board post that cant be proven based on what the above people have said.

Thank you all for your input, both positive and negative. I really hope that this decision was based on something more substantial than my posts. Frankly, I have looked through them and I don't see the big deal. I like Shuttle America and I think that they have great potential. I did express increasing concern and frustration with the companies unwillingness to provide information to us that would have allowed me to make more educated choices for my families wellfare. I am a pilot. I can handle being in a holding pattern but it helps to know what I am holding for and what my EFC is. I don't believe that I had a negative attitude. It is perfectly accepable to be concerned about your ability to provide for your family. It is perfectly acceptable to feel frustration and to express that concern and frustration to fellow, more experienced pilots who can provide guidance. That is what this site is for. I don't believe that I bashed the company or any individual in the company. I didn't say anything in these posts that I would not have said to the CP directly, had he asked. Why hide behind anonymity? What do I have to hide? That I am human? If the CP is angry about my posts, than he needs to get perspective. Being the CP of an airline is a high profile position. Your decisions affect your employees and customers and they are always open to public scrutiny. I can disagree with his decision and still respect him as a person. Maybe he needs to step back and take things less personal. My posts were about me. My fears, frustrations, and concerns. They do not reflect on the CP or the company as a whole. That's life.

Latest resources

Back