Help drive a stake through Gulfstreams heart

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice.

So...they are out of liquidation/aircraft repo threat for now?

In all seriousness, how is a company unable to remain solvent that has long-established ASA & codeshare agreements with Continental/United/Copa, skimp on about everything under the sun (to include auto parts), AND have about 40% of their pilots PAYING huge $$ to be there.

When I learned they were bankrupt, I was dumbfounded (due to factors referenced above). It almost makes you wonder if someone is/was skimming off the top.

It's the South Forida way. Their money skimming/laundering operations. Half the air executives there are convicted felons or are waiting for pending cases against them.

Oh, and I agree totally with you...no one should ever pay for a job...makes it hard for the union to negotiate good rates for us when dudes out there will do it for less, for free, or actually pay!

1000's of pilots have PFT for jobs. How soon we forget.

Where/when did you fly the beer can.

Last edited:
I came up with this great business plan for a donut shop. I'm going to call it "CA's Donut Academy," and I'm going to teach the fine art of donut-making to prospective donut chefs. Sure, we're going to include 250 hours of time in the donut-making simulator, but after that, it's 250 hours of time making real donuts for real customers of CA's Donut Shop!

CA's Donut Academy's Apprentice Program is a unique way to realize your dreams of becoming a commercial donut maker. CA offers the most comprehensive donut making program in the food service industry. CA also offers a seamless, accelerated, and GUARANTEED route to a seat in the donut shop training program with CA's Donut Shop. Financial aid is available for candidates who qualify.

There's never been a better time to start your donut-making career…

Industry experts project an average of 7,000 new donut cooks will be hired per year over the next 7 to 10 years

CA's Donut Academy Apprentice Program offers restaurant-bound food service professionals training and experience at an actual donut shop, making real donuts for CA's Donut Shop in only 3 months for currently certificated fry cooks...or as few as 6 months for zero time cooks with our affiliated donut training schools. Every candidate is required to pass the ACE program evaluation and meet or exceed the company requirements.

At least 250 hours of fryer time is included in the program – build your cruller time in a propane-powered donut fryer. Meeting the needs and standards for your future in the food-service industry...

CA's Donut Academy offers assistance with Donut Shop placement

For students that successfully complete our Apprentice program. Our partners are comprised of the industry's leading regional and national donut shops, including Dunkin Donuts, Krispy Kreme, Westernco, and many others. We have over 1,700 graduates frying for virtually every donut shop!

Hours --------- Areas of Training
80 Ground School Donut Theory
40 CRM (Condiment Resource Management) and Donut Shop Briefing
80 Ground School Belshaw-Adamatic Commercial Donut Systems
32 Belshaw Simulator Training
4 Belshaw 700 Static Session And Propane Training
28 Full Donut-Making Simulator Level-D Belshaw 700
8 Storefront Line Observation Session at CA's Donut Shop
250 Frying The Line As A Paid Apprentice At CA's Donut Shop

522 Total Hours Of Training Including 318 Hours of Donut-Making Experience.

Apprentice Program Price $32,699

See how ridiculous that sounds when you apply it to any other industry?

Start a company that one has lots of experience with.
Instead of a doughnut shop, try applying it to a professional message board operator/moderator, unpaid, slamming GIA and PFT at every opportunity.
Include classes about denial and coping with stagnant jobs.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back