Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HELP! Delta Connection, ERAU Harvard, So they Say!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's just say ATP's got me where I wanted to be. I finished in about a 1/3 of the time of DCA, and probably a third of the price. I was already on the Brasilia while students at other flight schools were still working on their CFI. I went from private to MEII in about 85 days. Seniority is everything.

ERAU Harvard? Just cause you paid the same price as Harvard does not give you the right to call that school elite in any sense of the word. If you went Harvard, and had an IQ like those students, you would know this. You got ripped off, taken and all for what? You make the same cash value as the rest of us. Your ROI (return on investment) sucks. Not saying the school is bad but that you spent way too much money for your economic return in the industry.

$100K at a high interest rate for a job @ $20K first year and years to get to anything over $50K a year? They're all a bad idea. Go to a normal college, get a "real" degree and earn your ratings and time as you go. Then decide if you want to work in this industry.

As long as people continue to go through the "pilot mills" and pay to get the job, things are going to stay depressed.

GO TO LAW SCHOOL, AVIATION SUXS OR BE A PIMP.

ERAU Harvard? Just cause you paid the same price as Harvard does not give you the right to call that school elite in any sense of the word. If you went Harvard, and had an IQ like those students, you would know this. You got ripped off, taken and all for what? You make the same cash value as the rest of us. Your ROI (return on investment) sucks. Not saying the school is bad but that you spent way too much money for your economic return in the industry.

Dude, got news for ya- ANY regional is going to give you a bad return on your investment. Get your time and move on to a major. As for ERAU- its strong point is in the connections and Alumni. I have no regret in going there, personally. I wouldn't have lasted a semester in a state college- not because I couldn't hack it, but because I wouldn't have given a d#@n about anything other than flying and chasing skirt.......

ERAU - Datona Beach campus is an absolutel dump. If you got some money and time to burn, take a look at both campuses. The physical appearance by comparison should scare you out of Daytona Beach permanently. As for what they peddle, well, you'll be paying big bucks to go to ERAU no questions about it. Too bad the airlines don't give a rats ass about where you got your training, only that you managed to build sufficient amount of total and multi time without killing yourself or denting an airplane. And the girls at Daytona Beach? Well, let's just say the good looking ones are the tourists who think that MTV Spring Break is still going on...and then they all leave disappointed.

A lot of great advice here on this thread about ways of doing it other than ERAU or DCA or any of those other "mills".

Let's just say ATP's got me where I wanted to be. I finished in about a 1/3 of the time of DCA, and probably a third of the price. I was already on the Brasilia while students at other flight schools were still working on their CFI. I went from private to MEII in about 85 days. Seniority is everything.

At 7000+ hours ASA is where you wanted to be!?

I dont know what you guys are talking about. Embry Riddle and DCA are truly professional flight schools and are among the best in the industry.

Latest resources

Back