• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Help deciding what plane to get if any!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would not advise purchasing a T206 for any pilot with less than a Commercial and/or 150 hours. It is too much airplane to learn on. Also, the complexity of some systems may inhibit learning do to specialized procedures. Not to mention he will be losing the "building blocks" of primary training. We want to train up, not across or down with respect to aircraft complexity.

I would recommend you purchase a fixed gear/prop aircraft with </= 200 hp. You do not want to end up like JKF Jr.

Speaking from direct experience, i did buy the primary trainer i was using, a sweet 150L and flew it for another 300 hrs or so. Sold it for about what i payed (18K). Now i'm in a partnership with a 182Q and couldn't be happier with that choice. Four real sized adults (at least at sea-level) no problem. I did miss the 'building block' of the 172 but i suspect no real harm or gap in my training was exacted.

I still see that 150 parked on the ramp nearby my current airplane and have nothing but respect for it's simplicity, reliability and economy.

I dont know what that means

oopse, sorry

MoGas or a automotive gasoline conversion and STC.
Many light piston plane engines have a low
compression engine(s) and can use automotive
gasoline with no penalty and little or no modification.

Fuel savings: 50%

Light twin, MoGas, fly at 55% and build time like mad.

CE

I would recommend you purchase a fixed gear/prop aircraft with </= 200 hp. You do not want to end up like JKF Jr.

I suspect that Junior would be just as dead if he did what he did in a 150. It was the situation (No visual cues and little Instrumetn experience) not the airplane.

Remember, if it Floats, Flys or F____, rent it!:beer:

Type of Aircraft to buy/rent

If one lives in an area of high density altitudes it just makes sense to have a turbo-charged aircraft (PA-28R-201T),turbo arrow.This will get the job done,but know the perils & pitfalls of turbo-charging before you buy/rent.

Latest resources

Back