• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Help an (AA) brotha' out...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are even a few of my "highly respected" former TWA homies picking up extra time. Yeah, we know who they are, too. :cool: (Generally, they are those who came to TWA through an earlier merger...)

Hope someone in STL is working up a big brown torpedo for their flight kit! :eek:

Take care all.TC

Starlizard said:
Thank you AAflyer and those like you who are unavailable for extra flying while your coworkers are on the street. Thumbs way up.

Nice Avtar Starlizard.

Just traded a 4 day for a 2 day. Take that Roy Everett! (VP of Crew Planning)

Here at CRAAPA headquarters we are doing our best to encourage all our members to fly as much as possible. This will enable us to 1. Save the Company, which leads to 2. Bonuses for upper and middle management, which leads to the ultimate goal of 3. Cushy management jobs for me and my peeps. While I personally believe it would be an honor to be highlighted on the trough board, be aware that any attempt to vilify those who are giving their all will be met with harsh consequences. The company has strict rules about such things and as an ASSociation we have no other course of action but to report violations immediately. This is especially true in our management domiciles at DFW, ORD, BOS, and DCA. Well, gotta check the open time cuz "I feel the need, the need for greed". This has been a CRAAPA pubic service announcement.

Last edited:
UAL78 said:
Nothing better than a little "light of day" to shine on those who get greedy. We see their schedules and projected monthly hours on bulletin boards at the hubs by fellow pilots. Works for all but the future scabs in training.

Wow,

I thought your schedules were already built to 95 hours a month, how the heck do you pick up on top of that..

AA

You know I offen hear "fly the contract",well whats the diff ? Can't have it both ways guys. Stuff like that has to come out of the contract before you will see any results. Maybe a no hightime with people on the street clause.

UAL Scheds

When they were building the schedules, TED ones were fairly high-time compared to the rest of the operation. The poor reserves were getting killed because of the QOL issues and absenteeism.

On the mainline, there are still those who are able to sharpshoot and build up their lines. PBS has made open flying almost nonexistent. Draw your own conclusions.

As the summer progresses and preferential bidding goes out systemwide, everyone will be accountable for what it is that they're flying- especially how much.

BTW more people have been boned by the nuances of the PBS in the early phase than in a 2 dollar cathouse.

Be Well

filejw said:
You know I offen hear "fly the contract",well whats the diff ? Can't have it both ways guys. Stuff like that has to come out of the contract before you will see any results. Maybe a no hightime with people on the street clause.

Tell you what, the copmany seems to regularly "break the contract", so maybe you could do the same and "not fly the contract to the word".

I don't condemn and we each do our own things for own reasons. This was the contract 69% of us agreed to, so make it work for you. However I have to draw the line at the "premium flying". The union asked the company not to furlough as we would be short, they didn't listen, furloughed and we were short. The company has cancelled block hours, and asked us to premium fly in the exact divisions we furloughed from...Things that make you go hmmmmm.

I wouldn't have a problem with premium flying if we were hiring and couldn't keep up with all the flying, but this is a 180 from that, and I guess I would tend to look at the "spirit" in which it was designed. Remember a dAAy for a dAAy?

Nobody can stop you are anyone else from picking it up, and I wouldn't label you or anyone else a SCAB for doing it. It is unprofessional at a minimum, however ssing that term is just as silly as calling our flowbacks SCABS, or calling the CHQ pilots SCABS for taking flying from Eagle, or even as dispicable as it is "*************************s". A SCAB is a person who will seek out and cross a picket line. Feel free to use any other word in the dictionary (in fact I could think of a few not in the dictionary
:D ), but let's save SCAB for what it really is..

IMHO,

AA

UAL78 said:
When they were building the schedules, TED ones were fairly high-time compared to the rest of the operation. The poor reserves were getting killed because of the QOL issues and absenteeism.

On the mainline, there are still those who are able to sharpshoot and build up their lines. PBS has made open flying almost nonexistent. Draw your own conclusions.

As the summer progresses and preferential bidding goes out systemwide, everyone will be accountable for what it is that they're flying- especially how much.

BTW more people have been boned by the nuances of the PBS in the early phase than in a 2 dollar cathouse.

Be Well

UAL,

With your permission I would like to cut and paste your post over to our union website.. Many realize the damage it will do, but some think we need it be competitive.. PBS could work if it were implemented the way the pilots would like it to be, but if management does, hold on to your pants....

AA

>>I would call in sick too if I was still on the property.<<

And people wonder why these airlines are losing money.

It doesn't take an MBA to figure out that the productive airlines are the ones hiring and the unproductive ones are the ones furloughing.
A paycheck isn't an entitlement.

Actually I am sick.... Would you like a doctors note?

AA

P.S. AA made money last quarter, and we have guys on furlough, so there goes that theory, maybe you should go get your MBA..

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back