Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AA717driver

A simpler time...
All you junior AA S80 pukes can do your part to help keep people on the street AND make management look good... er, how about "not look so bad" at the same time:

"UPDATED BY CREW RESOURCES 22JUL05--------------------------------------------------------------------------------22JUL05/1256ATTENTION S80 PILOTS TO ADDRESS THE POSSIBILITY OF CREW SHORTAGES IN THE S80 FIRST OFFICER BID STATUS ON SOME REMAINING DAYS IN JULY,WE MAY UTILIZE THE PROVISIONS OF SECTION 18.G.2.B. OF THE CONTRACT. S80 FIRST OFFICERS, BOTH RESERVE AND REGULARLY SCHEDULED, MAY OPT TO FLY ON DUTY FREE PERIODS FOR PREMIUM PAY. THE PROCEDURES INCLUDING THE PROPER METHOD OF VOLUNTEERING CAN BE FOUND ON THE AAPILOTS WEBSITE. CLICK ON ***NEWS FROM FLIGHT*** AND THEN CLICKON ***PREMIUM PAY PROCEDURES***. WHEN THE DECISION IS MADE TO IMPLEMENT THESE PROCEDURES WE WILL NOTIFY THE AFFECTED BID STATUSES VIA HI6 MESSAGE. J.A. LA MORTE OPS PLNG 7/22/05"

So suck it up, do your part AND pocket some extra coin in July. :rolleyes:TC

I don't think anyone will, they didn't have a very receptive welcome last time they tried this. As for me, I am sick, and at home resting...

AA

Dangerkitty said:
I went to www.aapilots.com and put in my preferences for the Premium flying option.

But considering my 3XP status is DFW/// I dont think it will do me any good.:rolleyes:

Yeah, they have 2,800 people in the same status as you who could help them out...

AAflyer--Sorry to hear about your illness. Get well at your leisure! :D TC

Hope they have to cancel flights and that the Monday Morning meetings get heated with finger pointing, all the way up to the kiss-ass manager of crew-planning who "saved" hundreds of thousands of $s by recommending further furloughs..

If Arprey or his deputies have any dangel-berries, they will pick up the telephone and say we screwed up, lets start re-calling now.

Fat chance, in the meantime I would call in sick too if I was still on the property.
Thanks Mr. AAflyer, we need more resting guys like ya and less sluts:

The 83 hour / month guys may be sitting on a gold-mine, but won't last forever:

Heck, the union should publish a list on the furlough forum of the mini-scabs that keep stealing jobs by volunteering for more flying and money.

Hmm, I may link this topic over to the APA page.

Consider it done.

Hopefully any guy picking up time at premium pay will also be contributing to the furlough fund.
Unfortunetly, that is not the kind of contribution the furloughees need...

Later, (Sooner hopefully)

I'm still a volunteer!

To bypass, that is. Oops, volunteered for the wrong thing again.

If anybody toadies up and soaks up the extra time I won't have to worry about that for a while longer.

"Show your concern for furloughed pilots by contributing to the furloughed pilot's fund!"

"Then fill up on premium pay! All for one, and err... how did that go again?"

Yeah, help out the furloughed pilot's fund by letting us have the loan for free that much longer... :) And the APA life insurance too.

I had to stop and think... What the heck is a 3XP??? Then I remembered it has something to do with AA, so I must have flushed it and all of the other techno babble crud.

Furlough me once, shame on you - But you furloughed me twice so screw you AA!

Last edited:
Thank you AAflyer and those like you who are unavailable for extra flying while your coworkers are on the street. Thumbs way up.

Nothing better than a little "light of day" to shine on those who get greedy. We see their schedules and projected monthly hours on bulletin boards at the hubs by fellow pilots. Works for all but the future scabs in training.

Well...

I can see how that might work at some carriers, but at AA the pilots that picked up a lot of time would probably get calls from their peers asking how they could do the same. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back