Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

C-5 MEM

Hi everyone

I have heard ACA is going through furlough. Wow. I hope things get better before getting back. Things are going great over here. We were broke down range and had to tough it out. Hope everyone is doing good and take care and see you soon. If anyone at ACA gets to Shaw Rd. tell Dean and Lesile I said hello.

Terry Vickers
CRJ/FO
ACA

Its nice when everything in the back of our aircraft does not complain.

C141FE said:
Hi everyone

I have heard ACA is going through furlough. Wow. I hope things get better before getting back.

As long as you're planning on extending your tour for five years, assuming we're still around, things should be fine. ;)

Ummm,

Don't know how to break this to you but Dean Hess was let go and the Pilot Recruitment department shut down this week (according to Shaw Rd sources).

I understand Dean worked for ACA for almost 10 years.

I'm paying off my bills as fast as I can...if I'm going to be on the street, I might as well be debt free.

That's horrible about Dean...he's a great guy. It's amazing how fast things are changing...and it's not for the better....

Is there anyone out there know why Dean was let go? I know of the furloughes, but Dean has been there for awhile

TV

Dean Hess let go after a decade of loyal service, harsh to say the least. I guess it shows all of us pilots where we stand!

A quote from acaway.com: "Everyone at ACA is of equal importance. The work of the person loading baggage on the ramp is of equal worth to the work of the captain in the cockpit. The clerical work of processing invoices is as important as the work of a station supervisor. We have no special groups. There are no unimportant positions."

Obviously, no unimportant positions, just superfluous positions.

Anyway, I just wanted to see my new avatar.

Tailwinds...

A quote from acaway.com: "Everyone at ACA is of equal importance. The work of the person loading baggage on the ramp is of equal worth to the work of the captain in the cockpit. "

Unfortunately, it seems more in the direction of the Captain being the same worth as a ramper, than a ramper being the same worth as a Captain.....

Where is the comparison to mgt? Looks like this is happening at alot of places lately. Oh, well...it's still better than digging ditches. Hang in there, it has to stop sooner or later.

Last edited:
It sucks to see Dean let go, but when we are furloughing with no real idea of what lies around the corner why do we need a pilot recruitment department? Sounds like good cost savings to me.

All,

The bloodletting will go into overdrive today (4/11). All departments are having meetings at 1600 LCL to "let you know your future". I am not talking just pilots, but all employees all the way up through management. Nobody believes me when I say that late Friday afternoon meetings never have any good news.

4lowed

Latest resources

Back